Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

Re: Helagaks Iron Man 3 mark 8/42 model and Pepakura files!

nice work on the suit, WMM! but if you put that giant S on an IM suit, Tony Stark will find you. and slap you! =P

UPDATE
to anyone looking for my files, i have updated the first post to link to the rar file that maided compiled and uploaded. so... stop asking! lol

IMG_0047_zps96f79a3e.jpg
IMG_0045_zps70695426.jpg
IMG_0042_zps4a8d3ced.jpg

IMG_0039_zpsce9ea0b4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

awesome job, chris! I love seeing my files being put to use!!
now if only i could get around to building it.... :-/

Though I think you are totally right about Tony blowing a gasket I still think it would be pretty sweet looking. LOL! :D

Yeah Helagak I have been using your work with the compiled RAR file from Ironmaided. I have had to tweak them for Cardstock and though that has been fun it has been a bit of a challenge. My next armor is going to be Foam though I am having trouble locating a store with 1/4" foam I did find 100 sq ft This is the link for what I did find which is a Laminate floor spacer, but it is only 1/8" thick which may mean I would have to double up what do you think Helagak?
Roberts 48 in. x 25 ft. x 3/32 in., 100 sq. ft. Roll Serenity Foam Underlayment for Laminate Flooring-70-010 at The Home Depot

All Right folks so I have gotten this far on this armor, but there is something which baffles me :confused about the armor here. When I finished the Left Forearm tonight I noticed that the looseness of the Bicep is a slight problem and this is the right size for me.

So I was wondering if someone could explain how I should attach the MK 42 joints so as not to limit motion too much, but also be able to not have the Bicep around my elbow lol :lol. Seeing as how each armor differs from one another not only in size but also how the parts go together.:D

WarMachineMan.jpg

This is the first fitted test of the armor up to this point.:cool Once the Right Forearm and hands are done The Upper Body will be completed Minus the Abs which I am still dreading.:unsure

WMM; as for foam, i get my (almost) 1/2" foam either in 4 pack squares 2'x2' from harbor freight for anywhere from $7 to $12. they have sales all the time so you never know how much its gonna be. haha. or i have also been using rolls of the same material (but slightly thinner) from Big lots. it is around $20.
I also use craft foam with is around 1/4" inch from micheals craft store. they come in like 9"x12" sheets for $1 a piece. these are great for the helmet, and some of the detail pieces. also walmart sells 2mm craft foam for about the same price as the micheals stuff but it is only like 1/8" which worked great for my fingers and some small detail stuff.
The stuff in your link seems a bit thin to build the whole suit out of.

as for your bicep piece, It looks too big to me. i would try to scale it down a bit more. :-/

i am 178 CM tall and the scale as below

use Jackieisrockin file you up 10% and use Helagaks file down 20 %

Oh nice! Thanks for this. I knew what jackie's was, but Didnt see a scale for helgak. I've never scaled before so the past few days have been a mess of self-measurements and conversions. II'm the same height (give or a take a bit) so now this gives me a place to start.

All Right folks so I have gotten this far on this armor, but there is something which baffles me :confused about the armor here. When I finished the Left Forearm tonight I noticed that the looseness of the Bicep is a slight problem and this is the right size for me.

So I was wondering if someone could explain how I should attach the MK 42 joints so as not to limit motion too much, but also be able to not have the Bicep around my elbow lol :lol. Seeing as how each armor differs from one another not only in size but also how the parts go together.:D

View attachment 197518

This is the first fitted test of the armor up to this point.:cool Once the Right Forearm and hands are done The Upper Body will be completed Minus the Abs which I am still dreading.:unsure

scale first the bicep's scale down 20-30% (on the 2D menu in pepakura). . .then you might freehand the upper forearm part of the gauntlet. . .i'm having problems with that part too but i'm modifying/upgrading (again) the file for that part.

So wonder of wonders I have come across a foam mat which I had from the Army when I was there. So Say La Vi to the Mat and Hello to an Army version of the Iron Patriot. I have been wanting to do something with the Patriot since I saw the movie. Being a military man myself I feel a connection you know. So I am placing the MK 42 on the shelf and will remake it later out of foam when I have the Airborne Patriot done LOL.
I will be asking for lots of Insight so a pre Thank you for all of you guys help so far.

- - - Updated - - -
Ironmaided said:
scale first the bicep's scale down 20-30% (on the 2D menu in pepakura). . .then you might freehand the upper forearm part of the gauntlet. . .i'm having problems with that part too but i'm modifying/upgrading (again) the file for that part.

That is a good Idea ironmaided I saw your youtube leg motion test VERY impressive. I love how your armor looks like the armor in the movie with almost nothing of your clothes showing through. AMAZING!:D

no offense but, did you tried to read some pages of this thread? specially on pages 8-10?
@WarMachineMan1: dude that was awesome :thumbsup

ok sorry about that just tryin to figure out. i will check that

Last edited by a moderator:

This is what I have so Far with my First Foam build. My Iron Patriot Mod the Airborne Patriot. Tell me what you think.
IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

This one I added to show off the added side vents.

All right so not quite done, but on it's way. I have finished the front and have started going down the back. As for the sides I am leaving those until last as to allow myself to find somewhere to leave open and add a piece for the Velcro. Here are some summary images of the Airborne Patriot armor chest Foam build to this point.
IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

Finally, the coupe de grace!
The Iron Patriot chest after 3 days of work. Completed.

IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG

And the good news is I have some foam remaining so I think I am going to go for the helmet!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/296533563759770/ hey buddy theres another site on fb that is passing files around just letting you no

Is this guy freaking serious???
My files are free for all and I enjoy seeing people build with them, but this passes me off. I tried to Check out the group but needed an invite. This is the response I got...
Screenshot_2013-06-19-10-47-40.png

FULL TEXT:
ADMIN: IRON MAN PEPAKURA BUILD GROUP
Hello first of all if your here too join the group to be apart of a community to help each other out no matter the problems and also to be helped then im afraid im not allowing no one into the group at the min for a dispute that needs too be sorted out!! if i'll be letting people join the group once again after the dispute is solved :) THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
IF you are genuine new comer to the group and havnt got a clue whats going on you can skip this part of the message!

If Your one of the modellers or your one of the unfolder Or just someone from the RPF! then i got this too say DONT be coming here giving me **** i've never been on the RPF i've allways downloaded all my files i have in the group from places like 4 shared or google searching stuff!! so to me that means the files are PUBLIC Access 4 shared is allso a public domain so if you have any problem with me having your files on my group then go tell 4 shared too take them off or at least put protection onto your files or even better dont put them in a public domain and expect the m to stay in one place its just stupid!! and allso going on whitch hunts too find who's sharing your files are you freaking serious you lot need too get lives i find it highly amusing how you all send spies too look into peoples groups haha GROW UP!!! ALSO should i point out that technically aint you breaching copyright on the image or the armour of ironman in the first place?? aint his image and each armour individually copyrighted so you cant technically copyright your files!! WHICH makes them fair gain if there on the internet or IN A PUBLIC DOMAIN so tbh theres not point threatening me that your gonna cry to facebook admin or anyone cause you havnt got a leg too stand on!! PLUS if you are one of these 3d modelers that cry because people are USING YOUR FILES FOR HOW THEY WERE INTENDED and then spit your dummys out then start saying im not making more files!! well i can safely say you take your blackmailing selfs and ram it cause i dont get blackmailed by anyone!! PLUS 37 request from people is abit obsessive talk about trying to intimerdate someone haha I FIND IT AMUSING more then anything else tbh well you've heard my bit and im gonna stick too my guns on this one just too let you know i aint gonna be changing aaaaaanything about mmy group so you may aswell just give up now i aint some silly little kid you can cyber bully into getting your own way!
Anyways have you given a thought without the builders then the 3d modellers are making files for no reason! we give life to your files! So aint it in all our best intrests of both our communitys to get along and share the information we've all learned and just be a general HELPFUL community instead??

LOOK I KNOW YOU MAY FIND THIS TO BE HARSH ON FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW WHICH I DO SEE YOUR SIDE ASWELL!! JUST IM NOT BEEN TOLD I HAVE TO TAKE A FILES DOWN WHEN I GOT THEM PUBLICALLY! AND WHEN AAAAAANYONE CAN DO THE SAME AS I'VE DONE!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back