Haunted Mansion Stretching Portrait Replication *Update 9/16

Thanks for the compliments guys ! It is a SLOW process and I want to make this pop as much as possible - be spot on to the one I'm using as reference - yet make the details more crisp and look less rushed.

-AJ

Yea man this is really something. A real HM fan here! You given any thought to doing the others as well? Over time of course lol.

WOW!!!!!! When I was a kid the stretching portraits were one of my favorite parts of the ride. I'll definitely be watching this thread.

Thanks guys !

I will certainly do a run once I get it perfect - i have the file on my computer at work - so it really only gets worked on there + I have a wacom tablet there now so it gets worked on between projects.

Wanted to give a quick update - the Sleeves are proving to be a pain in the ass - since the reference I'm using is super sloppy in that area and whomever the artist was clearly just sloshed paint across them - so I'm meticulously trying to do something interesting

-AJ

Hey man just glad to hear there is progress.

BTW . . . I have been constantly looking for high-res images when I have time to send to you since you started this, but I am not finding a damn thing.

WOW. Awsome, awsome, AWSOME! Disney world's haunted mansion is without a doubt the best. The stretching gallery has always been my favorite part of the ride (this is also my favorite portrait)

Fantastic job!

I've been chugging away at this bit by bit. Here is another piece - fixed up some spots and painted the dress

Screenshot2012-02-01at50327PM.png

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back