That Leota is fabulous...but it's bogus, Disney doesn't "prototype" in resin. It may be a cast from the master mold, but I doubted the sellers description when it popped up.

Haunted Mansion Holiday Tarot Cards.....the same card designs in the madame leota seance room

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-1_zps37ae062f.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-2_zps0146e600.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-4_zpsf557c52a.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-6_zps360bce03.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-7_zps1cba4445.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-3_zpsa6728b20.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-8_zpscddb30b6.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD-9_zps97be4498.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD10_zpsa4b33e5c.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD13_zpseb4ad336.jpg

NBX-DISNEYLAND-TAROT-CARD12_zps3203f8cc.jpg

So I recently acquired about 6" of "little Leota" filmstrip from a private seller, but I'm at a total loss on how best to display it. Ideally, it would be nice to have it backlit, but it's such small film stock that it would be dwarfed by a frame of any size.

Anyone have any thoughts? I may just hold out for additional pieces of mansion film and make a larger display. Of course, in the meantime my new purchase sits in an envelope. It's a double edged sword, I tell you. :facepalm

Have them scanned and then have prints made from them. Put the filmstrips in a frame with you new prints to show what they are.

I got mine on eekBay last year...the exact one. Course those things come and go. I searched all over for the original manufacturer...if memory serves no joy on any front but eekBay.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

I got mine on eekBay last year...the exact one. Course those things come and go. I searched all over for the original manufacturer...if memory serves no joy on any front but eekBay.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Currently, eBay has the one with the wrong inscription and the last time the correct style sold on eBay wad in November :(

Ah, well. I'll keep hunting. Thanks for the info and if anyone out there has a lead, shoot me a PM!

-Jonaas

Ebay is really the best option; that's where I picked mine up last year. Looks like one just sold this past Monday... They pop up fairly frequently though so don't be discouraged. The one you want is made by Virginia Metalcrafters model number 23-1 10 1/2.

Ebay is really the best option; that's where I picked mine up last year. Looks like one just sold this past Monday... They pop up fairly frequently though so don't be discouraged. The one you want is made by Virginia Metalcrafters model number 23-1 10 1/2.

I'm sure I'll eventually find one, but I hope I'm able to track one down before Valentine's Day: My wife and I are planning on building a slightly HM-themed house (on her parents' land in Riverside, CA oddly enough) and I thought the sundial would be a perfect gift and a fitting start to our new home.

-Jonaas

Well we decided to up the ante with our Mansion plaque display...when you come down the basement stairs this is the first thing you see.
It was just a brick cubby area with the plaque and a green light. Wife and I went to work on tonight.
mike

Attachments

• IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 237
  • DSCN1644.JPG
    DSCN1644.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 387
  • OldMag.jpg
    OldMag.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 298
  • Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 209
  • DSCN1662.JPG
    DSCN1662.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 179

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back