Hasbro Haslab Reva Inquisitor Lightsaber

1000 out of 5000 backers.

30 out of 45 days left in the campaign.

There is zero chance that this is happening. This might be the worst performing HasLab campaign ever.

Unsurprisingly, the project was not funded
Screenshot_20220712-113425__01.jpg

Hasbro has run several other successful Haslab campaigns. Some of which were Star Wars products. The latest one, the G.I. Joe Cobra HISS tank was fully funded and reached a special goal in 24 hours. I think Hasbro knows what they're doing with these, but maybe this character or design just wasn't the best choice. Too bad. I really wanted this lightsaber. I'm sure it'll be available somewhere from someone, but not for $500.

I really don’t know what they were thinking here. It’s like if the Ghostbusters Haslab team deciding against making the Proton Pack in favour of something like, that Podcast kids radio. If they had made something like a full scale Boba Fett jet pack it would have funded in a day.
I think they felt fans were going to want a lightsaber different than what was currently available. Fans really like such lightsabers like Maul's and Kylo Ren's so they probably thought the Reva would be just as desired. I honestly thought the price was fair but ultimately when it comes to Star Wars collectibles, I would rather spend $500 on something else.

I don't think failed Haslab projects are a bad thing. I think that is sort of the point of doing a Haslab project, best to cut your losses early in the process instead of doing a hug production run only to sell them at Ross at 80% off the retail price. I only hope it does not detract them from attempting more Star Wars prop items and not just vintage and black series figure items. I'd still like them to do a higher priced thin neck fx lightsaber or a electronic TIE helmet with electronic chest box. I also wish they would do a line of large scale electronic ships that are not scaled for existing figures. Imagine if the did they did a $500 version of that $30 plastic Hero Series Falcon.

I think they learned a valuable lesson on waiting till a character and or prop is popular BEFORE trying a project like that. You know Lucasfilm told them this is the saber of a character that's going to be the breakout star of the show. There are tons of high end sabers they could do that have more appeal to the fans willing to pay $500 for a lightsaber prop. Not everyone has the skill to buy a bunch of parts and build their own saber with all those feature. Just my opinion...

To me the biggest killer is that it just can’t do what you see it do on screen. It’s most famous scene is the fight with Vader. Even if the blade couldn’t flip out or spin, it should have at least been able to separate into two sabers. If you can’t get the experience you see in the show, it’s kind of missing the whole point.

I don't think it's the character that's the problem. This thing is just ridiculously expensive, and it still looks plastic. For the price you could get a much nicer metal Inquisitor saber like this one (skip to about 04:30)

I think it would still sell, but in the regular BS saber line at a more realistic price. But even my old FX/Hasbro lightsabers at least LOOK metal.

I think in one of the interviews with the Hasbro rep at Celebration mentioned that the prototype was plastic (and the final production would be metal).
Yeah the prototype was indeed just plastic.

I think Hasbro is completely done with the regular Force FX sabers. It's all Elite now. People would just start complaining that the blades aren't removable and there's no cool features if they released this as a standard saber, even at a reduced price point.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back