Has anyone tried using an endoscope lens in their build?

ShaunDark80

Hi All

It's been a while (5 years) since I last did anything with my Iron Man build. I think it has collected enough dust, so am thinking about tackling some of the small problems that prevented me from completing the project.

One of those was where I was going to mount the camera on the helmet which would pass video through to the internal goggles. I didn't want this to be visible, so was originally thinking of mounting it under the chin, but it never looked right.

So, cheap endoscope lenses exist, which can be as narrow as 2mm in diameter, and between 10-20mm long. I'm thinking that one of these could be reasonable well hidden between the LEDs that light up one of the eyes in the Iron Man mask. Whether the lens would suit anything other than an endoscope camera is the question.

Does anyone have any experience with endoscopes, or lenses/optics in general? Would this work in practice? Would the image get flipped/reversed due to the nature of the cylindrical lens?

Thanks!

The endoscopes i use at work are built to focus about 2 cm from the tip.

i worry if you look at the something farther away you might get a bit of a fish eye or warped effect which most people would find dizzying after a while? (I’m guessing about this by the way, i guess the only way to know is to try)

The endoscopes i use at work are built to focus about 2 cm from the tip.

i worry if you look at the something farther away you might get a bit of a fish eye or warped effect which most people would find dizzying after a while? (I’m guessing about this by the way, i guess the only way to know is to try)
I hadn't even considered focal length - Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back