Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Bfd, thanks for the Buterbeer label. That very one is in my folder of things to start soon, now I won't have to. Also, I know I like to look at the references shots as much as the replicas because I like to see them in their "natural habitats". I do appreciate all of the work others do.

Additionally, I don't know why I didn't think that in using foil, you could print part on toner and part on ink jet. I have been trying to figure out how people are getting the foil to stick to just the parts they wanted. I really should have realized that sooner. How do prints usually line up if they are going through 2 separate printers? Do you have to give it a few goes before it gets aligned just right?

Nice work! I agree the foil looks really beautiful.

Thanks!!

Bfd, thanks for the Buterbeer label. That very one is in my folder of things to start soon, now I won't have to. Also, I know I like to look at the references shots as much as the replicas because I like to see them in their "natural habitats". I do appreciate all of the work others do.

Additionally, I don't know why I didn't think that in using foil, you could print part on toner and part on ink jet. I have been trying to figure out how people are getting the foil to stick to just the parts they wanted. I really should have realized that sooner. How do prints usually line up if they are going through 2 separate printers? Do you have to give it a few goes before it gets aligned just right?

Glad you realized it :) better later then never right?

It's a bit tricky, requires a lot of patience! I use some registration marks as guide, I only print the registrations first, adjusting the printing settings to match,an then when it's all perfect, I print the full artwork..

Barneyrfd any updates of the Gringotts bank posters that you have been working on? Can’t wait to see what they look like when there done

I've pretty much finished up the first poster but my printer sort of malfunctioned yesterday so I have not been able to make a test print to make sure it's okay. But here's a little look-see of the poster.

Gringotts Poster - Secure a Vault Sign small bfd.jpg
@Vitor: very nice job with the foiling. Where do you get your foil from if you don't mind me asking.

bfd

I've pretty much finished up the first poster but my printer sort of malfunctioned yesterday so I have not been able to make a test print to make sure it's okay. But here's a little look-see of the poster.

View attachment 403889
@Vitor: very nice job with the foiling. Where do you get your foil from if you don't mind me asking.

bfd

Good job! :)

And thanks! I bought the foil here: MrDecalPaper

They Ship worldwide, so it was good for me, maybe there are cheaper options... but the correct name of it is: Laser Printer Heat Transfer Foil,

bfd,

Great preview of your Gringott's poster. It really turned out great!!!

Vitor,

Thanks for the info on the gold foil. This is something I have never worked with before but I really would love to try it.

The Noble Collection are releasing some new prop replicas soon, the "Basilisk Fang and Tom Riddle Diary", and the "Golden Egg" from The Goblet Of Fire.

Attachments

• harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-basilisk-fang-and-tom-riddle-diary-sculpture-noble-collecti.jpg
    harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-basilisk-fang-and-tom-riddle-diary-sculpture-noble-collecti.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 72
  • harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire-golden-egg-other-noble-collection-nn7267-b.jpg
    harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire-golden-egg-other-noble-collection-nn7267-b.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 58
Oh noble collection keep publishing new HP items. thats great. i like basilisk fang replica too much. golden egg is also very nice.

i have japanese golden egg but recently selling for money. if i find more money in the future i may buy these replicas.

bfd,

I think you better be walking around with a mirror in your hands to look around corners or better yet, get yourself a rooster :eek

Great Owl Post ;)

bfd,

I think you better be walking around with a mirror in your hands to look around corners or better yet, get yourself a rooster :eek

Great Owl Post ;)

@wooze: LOL...very good...:lol

And I'll be looking forward to see what you do with the foiling technique, I'm sure it will be...wait for it...FOILtastic...:facepalm

bfd

I know that a number of resources already exist for making your own Marauder's Map, but I noticed in a couple of images that there was a version of the map that had the Hall of Hexes (used in Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows) and an unused fold-out section of the Room of Requirement, which I understand isn't in the Noble version or display version of the map. I know it wouldn't be "film-accurate" but I do think it would be awesome to have a copy of the map with the missing page and Room of Requirement insert so I can feel like it's a more complete map of Hogwarts. These were posted previously, but would anyone be able/willing to work up the fold-out?
I'm planning to add these to the Marauder's Map that Marko made (an amazing version of the Map) along with inserts created by LittleFallingStar and additional pages/inserts posted by other members.

Also, has anyone had experience getting "Engineering Prints" from Staples or another printing place, and if so how durable is the paper they use? I want to try to avoid having to glue multiple 8.5" x 11" prints if anyone has any ideas for someone in the US to do it inexpensively.
Marauder's Map Missing Page Room of Requirement.JPGmissing.jpgMarauder's Map Missing Page No Room of Requirement.JPG

Last edited:
a438980: an interesting addition to the map for sure but I think I'll sit this one out.

But I do want to share the replicated version of McSpratts Sparkling Spring Spell Water I put together. I know there was a nice version done by Phoenixvader awhile back but this one has more accurate fonts due to having a really nice source image to reference. I was also able to put together a reasonable version of the smaller back label. It was a little harder to make out the exact wording but I was able to get the jist of the size, shape and layout. The wording I made up but if anyone has a readable image of the back label I would be more than happy to revise to make it more prop accurate. The jpeg preview of the labels below does not show the difference in size of the 2 labels (the back label is about 1/2 the size) but the pdf does.

McSpratts Sparkling Water bfd.jpg McSpratts Sparkling Water label back bfd.jpg

bfd

Attachments

• McSpratts Sparkling Water bfd.pdf
    209.2 KB · Views: 298
  • McSpratts Sparkling Water label back bfd.pdf
    260.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Barney, my bottle only had a front label as I had no idea what the back was going to look like. Now I can finish it. I need a better bottle though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back