Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

charades

I know there aren't a ton of photos for these costumes yet, but who else is eagerly awaiting more? I'm not entirely sure the movie will be any good, but who cares? The outfits look badass. Anyone interested in helping me dissect the parts?

"Catching up with Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel (Gemma Arterton) 15 years after the traumatic incident involving a gingerbread house, the siblings have evolved into vengeful bounty hunters dedicated to exterminating witches. Over the years, the siblings became expert hunters, famous for their proficiency at tracking and taking down their prey. Although still recovering from their ordeal, their work is relatively easy as for an unknown reason harmful spells and curses do not work well against them. Now, Mayor of Augsburg recruits them to rid the town and nearby forests of an evil sorceress (Famke Janssen) who is planning to sacrifice many local children at the witches’ gathering during the upcoming ‘Blood Moon’ night in two days time. To make things worse, the duo also has to deal with the brutal Sheriff Berringer (Peter Stormare) who has taken power in Augsburg and conducts a very indiscriminate witch-hunt of his own."
- teaser-trailer.com

HANSEL-GRETEL_810.jpg

Jeremy%2BRenner%2BHansel%2Band%2BGretel%2BWitch%2BHunters.jpg
Gemma%2BArterton%2BHansel%2Band%2BGretel%2BWitch%2BHunters.jpg

Well I'm gung ho about learning leatherworking to do this myself. I'm a pretty experienced seamstress, and have been looking around for classes in my area on leatherwork. I'd love to share my learning and experiences here. Plus I've seen some people around this board as well as cosplay.com who have done some things with leather.

not only does that jacket on renner look badass his rifle is gorgeous!!! I only saw the trailer yesterday and already scouring the internet for more pics and screenshot of the gun. The crossbow would also be awesome to make :love

Yeah! I saw this movie yesterday night and I love it.
Now I want to do a Hansel cosplay! *__*

I already startet to write down what I'll need and after that I'm going to search some middle age shops. There I think I can find some stuff.

After I found something I'll post it here! :3

But his great leather coat... Is the biggest problem. That seems to be a lot of work and has to be custom made. >.<

Just stumbled across this thread. There are some great images on both Jeremy's and Gemma's fansites. I did come across an exhibit gallery but sadly can't find the link any more.

A friend of mine and I have recently completed these costumes. I'm hoping to put up a progress gallery very soon.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back