Han and Chewie pilot figures for MR Falcon - COMPLETE!

Guys, anyone know of someone who would be willing to give sculpting these figures a shot if the original moulds are no longer good?

I want to start an interest thread but do not know who we can approach to sculpt this.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't have a clean set. I only have one painted ANH Han, ESB Han and Chewie and I wouldn't want to risk the paint job being ruined by the molding.

Chris

Any procrastinators out there that haven't painted theirs yet?

Please come in and save the day!

Or anyone willing to offer theirs up for the remoulding process?

Just curious but does molding damage paint?

I have a friend who molds constantly and I don't recall paint damage being one of the problems.

In any case, how much would it cost to touch up the paint on these things?

If we all pitched in, I'm sure we could cover that pretty easily. Seems like quite a few are interested?

Dennis

I am having a go for my own benifit. When I finish, if they acceptable, I would gladly offer them for casting. Han, chewy, Leia, and C3-PO. The ones cking had sculpted are pretty awesome though. I would get those if they become available.

DSC00332.jpg

Its only one nights work, so its not much yet. and I am going to take my time, so they would not be available for at least a month or more. Ohh and someone else would have to cast them, I am not sure I am capable of doing figures.

PS: can anyone give me the measurments of the chairs, console etc, so I can make a mock up at the right size. Mine maybe too big. Thier about 1/35th. Thanks.

Ozzy

Last edited:
I am having a go for my own benifit. When I finish, if they acceptable, I would gladly offer them for casting. Han, chewy, Leia, and C3-PO. The ones cking had sculpted are pretty awesome though. I would get those if they become available.

DSC00332.jpg

Its only one nights work, so its not much yet. and I am going to take my time, so they would not be available for at least a month or more. Ohh and someone else would have to cast them, I am not sure I am capable of doing figures.

PS: can anyone give me the measurments of the chairs, console etc, so I can make a mock up at the right size. Mine maybe too big. Thier about 1/35th. Thanks.

Ozzy

you sir, are a god send!

thank you for stepping forward to help in the cause :)

looking forward to the completed figures.

Greetings Chris, FYI I am in! I just sent you an email regarding a set of the Han and Chewie figures!

-Ben G.
(from across the Pond)

Ozzy,

They look great but I fear they will be too big for the MR Falcon. (There's always the possibilty that they could be cast in resin which shrinks though - I saw someone "shrink" a 1/4 scale head down to 1/6 scale and the results were pretty good).

The starting point for our figures was a 1/35 tank driver figure but he was definitely oversized for the cockpit scale, so we had to come up with our own scale for them.

We worked out that the size of figures needed to be approx 1/40 scale to fit into the cockpit seats accurately. Also, it's not possible for them to have lower legs because they can't be fitted into the seats. Or figures didn't have anything below their knees!

Here's a little size comparison that I did which shows the difference between the scale you're sculpting and the scale we ended up with. (I just picked a size of 6ft for Han as I believe Harrison was around the 5'11 - 6' height when he made Star Wars).

Han-Scales2.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks cking,

I would still like to do them the right size so I will use your template for size if thats ok.

I will make a cockpit and console to scale to work with, I have been given some measurement. I intend to build a 32 inch one day. (Hopefully in 5 foot detail),So I will start with the figures and build the falcon around them LOL.

Thanks

Ozzy

Hi Chris,

I hope you dont mind.

I have only just got around to having a look at my figures today, and the standing figure which is to be C3_PO is exacly 4.5cm, from shoes to top of head. (head not included in pic LOL). Han is exactly the same if stood up and Liea is much the same (will have to shorten her). Soo, can the height of 4.5cm be confimed please?

I dont want to do any more work on them till I am sure. They are giants compared to my AMT crew though.

PS: I dont mean to be competing with Chris's figures as I may never even finish mine, so get a copy of Chris's figures while they are offered.

Thanks, daverep!

Ozzy

Ozzy,

They look great but I fear they will be too big for the MR Falcon. (There's always the possibilty that they could be cast in resin which shrinks though - I saw someone "shrink" a 1/4 scale head down to 1/6 scale and the results were pretty good).

The starting point for our figures was a 1/35 tank driver figure but he was definitely oversized for the cockpit scale, so we had to come up with our own scale for them.

We worked out that the size of figures needed to be approx 1/40 scale to fit into the cockpit seats accurately. Also, it's not possible for them to have lower legs because they can't be fitted into the seats. Or figures didn't have anything below their knees!

Here's a little size comparison that I did which shows the difference between the scale you're sculpting and the scale we ended up with. (I just picked a size of 6ft for Han as I believe Harrison was around the 5'11 - 6' height when he made Star Wars).

Han-Scales2.jpg

Chris

Hi Ozzy,

No problem. Working out the figure heights assuming a scale of 1:40, I get the following sizes for Leia & C-3PO:

Leia - 5' 2" is 3.9cm at 1:40.
C-3PO - 5' 8" is 4.3cm at 1:40.
Han - 6' is 4.4cm at 1:40.

Good luck with your figures - I look forward to seeing them!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I hope you dont mind.

I have only just got around to having a look at my figures today, and the standing figure which is to be C3_PO is exacly 4.5cm, from shoes to top of head. (head not included in pic LOL). Han is exactly the same if stood up and Liea is much the same (will have to shorten her). Soo, can the height of 4.5cm be confimed please?

I dont want to do any more work on them till I am sure. They are giants compared to my AMT crew though.

PS: I dont mean to be competing with Chris's figures as I may never even finish mine, so get a copy of Chris's figures while they are offered.

Thanks, daverep!

Ozzy

I was cleaning up my work area recently and realize I still have one of the MR MF cockpit sets that was offered a while back. Getting figures for it would be cool.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back