HammerTime.

Hi Rebo, glad you posted this link in my topic.

Love your work so far and yes, it's an inspiration to me as well.

I haven't figured everything out yet. The bodyfiller might be too though to go well along with the light and easy sandeable balsa. I asked some filler to go well along with balsa but hey didn't have any in the shop.
My goal is to do as much I can with just the "2D" parts. The real rounded surfaces on the back of his head I will try to make out of two component PUR. It is very easy to sculpt. You sand it with the same material.

It might be usefull for the sockets also.

Seems like we both need some info on the eyes, hope someone can shed a light on the subject.

Pistons etc. can be found in very small diameter in model hobbyshop. The bigger ones can be made out of pvc installation pipe I hope (I'm always scouting for materials that could be usefull).

Love to see more.

But why is it red then?

:love

<div class='quotetop'>(SiR-ROUND @ Oct 1 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1329840[/snapback]</div>
But why is it red then?

[/b]

It was the only colour I had at the time :p .
Saying that though what colour is he, aged red oxide?.

I'm hoping someone with a GA can post a few close ups of the eye's which would help me figure out what I need to do. :)

Click here to see Sir Rounds project ... ABC Warrior ...

Hey Sir Round check your PM please....

Nice :eek , this will help no-end with the finer details, although im not happy with those eyes, there doesn't seem enough to them

I remember a member here posted a photo bucket link to a load of props and a bust of Hammer was in there under a glass bell dome. His eyes sockets looked way more detailed in those images. I do wish I had saved them out at the time, but alas I never.

Can anyone remember this post and did you save the images, if so could you please post them here?.

Any progress on yours Sir-Round?.

Thanks for the headsup on that auction, I had no idea.

Glad you liked the image... From what I've seen in the movie the eyes have moveable eyelids. When the ABC is angry or shooting he closes them slightly to look meaner. When he is surprised or "dies" the eyes are fully open.

It would be great if someone has those images indeed. It's pretty hard to find reference shots.

I'v made 3 balsa parts. I solved the pc problems so I can cap again.

Still need to dig into the piston preps. And I also need to stay focused because I used paper and cardboard before. The angled parts are paper and therefore thin. The balsa is 1,5mm, so that has to be cut from the adjecent side, if you know what I mean. I'll xplain this when I get some pics up again.

For the moment my previous pics are offline due to migration of my domain.

Lol, how old is this thread, 6yrs old??.
I like to think of that time as the pep-pioneering days.

Sorry guys although I still have this guy I never carried on with him. The pics are still up here in my photobucket account if you really want to see them.

ABC pictures by Rebostar - Photobucket

Thanks for the bump though!:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back