Halp rpf casting advice please

poopymcbutthole

Sr Member
]Lol so here is my project, and normally I am the type of person that does things the hard way... and would keep sculpting this same mask over and over again to avoid making a cast and making copies with resin, because derp.

Well here is my project it is not yet cured I will do that tonight

dyhodh.jpg

My question is what is the simplest way to cast this ? Will it still be a mask and wearable ...how do i do this ! I DONT UNDERSTAND !!!! haha thanks everyone in advance

If you don't get a quick answer here, you should post up on the BOTB board as well. Those guys will get back to you right away. I'd love to help, but I've only researched it so far. Check out Monstermakers.com and smooth-on.com. They have manuals you can download and videos as well. I would avoid painting the original as I would think that might interfere with the mold releasing from it, but wait until the pros chime in. And good luck! Sculpt looks great as always.

The manual at smooth-on is free but the MM manual is $6.95 and has much more detail including a step-by-step explanation.

Cheapest way would be to make a latex/stone jacket mold. You should be able to get a couple resin slush casts out before the latex shrinks. Don't forget to put something behind the eyes to seal them.

what is your budget? Depending on how much you have to spend, it will dictate which materials and techniques are available to you.

How many would you like to produce? Do you care if your master is damaged/destroyed in the process? Is your master rigid or flexible?

the master is super sculpey ... i have put super sculpey through hell once cured and i think it is pretty unkillable but i can be wrong ...i would like to make a whole bunch of them ...so i can cover my wall in faces .. i figure if i go too cheap i will just have to buy more of the too cheap product and end up spending more in the long run so what is a moderate way i can go about casting and producing perhaps resin copies of this mask?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back