Halo: Forward Until Dawn

TwoPointZero

The first episode of Halo: Forward Until Dawn just came out today and it's rather amazing. A good start and I can't wait to see where this goes.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - Part 1 (Live-action Halo Series) - YouTube

Image_(7).jpg

If you are not watching this web series, you are missing out. It's got the feel of BSG with a ton of Halo action, awesome costumes and props, Decent script, talented actors, well shot. Very very cool!

It's a high production show no doubt, and I'm really impressed with the FX budget (the Elites look great), but the first real fire fight with Master Chief left me somewhat disappointed. For all the time they spend showing the kids how to be soldiers, they could've at least choreographed the fights to be somewhat more grounded instead of MC gunning down baddies 200 yards away with a pistol... while running... shooting sideways.

MC's suit looks amazing though, especially with the stunts Cudmore can do in it. Legacy nails it yet again.

It's a high production show no doubt, and I'm really impressed with the FX budget (the Elites look great), but the first real fire fight with Master Chief left me somewhat disappointed. For all the time they spend showing the kids how to be soldiers, they could've at least choreographed the fights to be somewhat more grounded instead of MC gunning down baddies 200 yards away with a pistol... while running... shooting sideways.

MC's suit looks amazing though, especially with the stunts Cudmore can do in it. Legacy nails it yet again.

I agree on that. Not sure, maybe their intention was to get some of the game feel in there? Who knows. Overall, still pretty awesome.

Master Chief was one BAMF when he walked in and saved those childrens!

And have you used that pistol in the game?? It is a damn sniper rifle in trained hands!

I would love to see a weekly network series of this. Why is this not on SyFy?! Easily better than anything else on that network.

I thought the Chief running in a line headshotting jackals at that distance with a pistol was JUST like the game :lol I Rather dig it so far, major funs.

I heard it is supposed to make it to dvd. So glad I am getting Halo 4's Limited Edition... Digital Copy FTW!:D

Last edited:
Awesome mini series. For the non Halo viewers, or even the Halo fans who don't read the books and know the chronology, John-117 (Master Chief) is only 15 or 16 years old during this. Kinda interesting to know.

I thought the Chief running in a line headshotting jackals at that distance with a pistol was JUST like the game :lol I Rather dig it so far, major funs.

My thoughts exactly.:thumbsup

Now if this was ODST it would be those pesky SMGs...

As it stands this was an awesome build up to reveal one of the most iconic characters in video game history.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back