HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

The smooth side shoe has a new USB connector and on/off button. They sleeved them in a thicker white plastic, should prevent that side of the connections from failing or at least failing less. I don't know if the internal connections were strengthened.

Thanks for the pics and info! They do sound promising. I'll order myself a pair soon.

If they actually return an email...

I really don't know if they will respond or not, but they also won't know what people want until people tell them.

Most of the information I have is due to phone calls. They don't have a phone-maze (dial 1 for this 2 for that, etc) and answer quick, so I'll chat them up about my orders or products. It's how I was able to learn about the smooth-sides.

Thanks for the pics and info! They do sound promising. I'll order myself a pair soon.

No prob. They really do look nice in person and it seems that HC is taking active steps to solve the electronics failures these shoes can be prone to with those connector upgrades.

HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

London Film & Comicon was great!
Saw some great shoes there.
Some self made ones, V2's and I was lucky to see the RD next to the HC's!
Great comparison.

This guy just wears his RD's like they are regular sneakers. I recognized him from the Carshow in Brussels earlier this year where he also had them on.

Self made
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287855.820800.jpg

V2's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287910.379050.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287937.593277.jpg

RD's
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287327.029338.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287352.390842.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287381.436267.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437287580.634425.jpg

HC
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437288030.189231.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437288061.186435.jpg

RD vs HC
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437288190.167721.jpg

And last but definitely not least,
The men who made these possible...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437289403.434134.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437289429.044278.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437289456.710770.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437289475.187007.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437289502.298199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thnx.
To be honest it was extremely crowded and difficult to see but imo definitely the HC's.

I really don't know if they will respond or not, but they also won't know what people want until people tell them.

I got the "we will contact you soon" email and with the weekend, I'd say I'll probably hear from them Tuesday my time at the earliest.

This photo might just be the ammo I need :), so thank you 001FAB for posting it.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

Looks like his LED's are broken...Shame!

If this pair belong to the same guy I've seen heaps of wear picks of, then I am not surprised something broke. Good to see the EL still works.

What has he done to the toes? They look very sock like now. Would that be from wearing them?

- - - Updated - - -

They are pretty good about customer service in general. Hopefully they won't just send you a form-letter or something.

They gave me a reference number to quote in all communications.

You're welcome cavx[emoji106]

It's not that clear on the pictures but they did look pretty worn out.
Soles were turned yellow, and fabric a little wrinkled.
Color of the fabric also looked a little dirty around the edges, but I think they still looked pretty good considering he has them for years and wears them on every occasion he can.
Keeping in mind people at conventions like this are always stepping on your shoes ;)
The EL lights looked amazing in daylight though!

You're welcome cavx[emoji106]

It's not that clear on the pictures but they did look pretty worn out.
Soles were turned yellow, and fabric a little wrinkled.
Color of the fabric also looked a little dirty around the edges, but I think they still looked pretty good considering he has them for years and wears them on every occasion he can.
Keeping in mind people at conventions like this are always stepping on your shoes ;)
The EL lights looked amazing in daylight though!

Exactly. If he is actually wearing them, they won't stay pristine for ever. Just looking at those images again and you can see the yellowing of the inner wings. I guess even tinting then blue didn't help. Not bad though as they are coming up on 4 years and he wears them.

I actually really like the toe on his - very movie prop accurate. I wish my toe box would break down like that. So when I make my custom pair, I won't even have a toe box :)

So HC have made contact and said that they can't do customs or one offs, but they will be sending my requests on further.

Basically I have asked if they can extend the collar, reduce the cuff and remove the toe box. I took the same 'money saving" angle on the toe slim as the rib removal would be. I don't think they can lose the stitching due to how these are assembled. As the HC stands right now, as a general kick around pair, I'd be happy with no goofy toe box to honest.

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

That sounds great!
Did they mentioned when these are going to be available?
I recently sold my V2's and was thinking of buying another pair. But if HC will offer modified ones I'm willing to wait.

I would still encourage any other people who want to see a change to write in to them. The more people who do it, the more they will see a real demand for the modification. The worst that happens, you waste a minute or two on an email.

I have no idea when, if at all.

Exactly MrSouthpaw. To make this fully effective, we need as many members as possible to write to them and ask for the same changes. Then and only then will they take the feedback as serious. All I am expecting is "thanks for the concerns, we have let the appropriate people know" and into the delete bin it goes.

The trick is to not bag them for what they have done, rather massage their ego and ask if they can do this and that. That is how you get change. Otherwise it remains as smooth side, too short MAG with a big ass toe cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back