Halloween latex/makeup questions

Hi,
So my son's school changed the rules this year...nothing covering up the face "no masks." Wel he was going to wear a helmet that goes with the eva foam armor on his suit.
So if we were to use makeup...and or latex (another skill I need to learn....yeee!) Is there a good place to buy latex relatively inexpensively?

I see tiny bottles...but that is it....I would need to (somehow) make a jaw/mandibles (think praying mantis) and somehow ancher this around his mouth.

ANY/ALL suggestions on materials and even how to color/paint the face and prosthetic would be helpful.

Thanks!

http://www.fxsupply.com/materials/latex.html

We have bought Gallons from them - just be warned the comfort level of having latex attached to your face is not terrific for long periods - especially if you need to do things like eat/drink/ Speak often.

since it's school I would consider the make up route as he will be more comfortable during the day and not distracted by is itching and eventually peeling face applications.

not sure what he is suppose to be...but maybe build the mouth part by making something with a head strap - (like modify a painters mask) so he can easily take it off and on...then just use make up for the rest of his exposed face.

bane+step+by+step.jpg
but even make up done well can give the same effect

Well my avatar picture shows his helmet that was disallowed. It is an elite alien from the video game Halo.....so this is what the makeup should look like....thanks
80ebe46874664af77d960569c70684976f12cecc1744e35e4d0d18db7879a21d_1.jpg
I'm waiting to hear back if it was a safety/vision rule....or so that the student was easily identifiable.

cool - yeah I'd build that jaw part off of the painter mask then just give him a scaled make up look and depending on how much hair he has you can use some spray in color and hair spray to create those head gills and if he can tolerate it paint his eyelids with the yellow cat eyes so when he has them closed he looks like he has the yellow eyes.

and the painters mask will help flatten the nose to match with the forehead.

Those are some great ideas to work from, thanks. The painters mask might not be allowed since the kids "can't wear anything covering their face." I'm not sure if they need to have a positive ID for these junior high kids while in the building....or if it for safety and being able to see/traverse stairs...lol it is very curious.

What if you made the skull /head piece part out of paper mache with a coating of latex for scaly skin and form the mandibles along the side of his jaw as an extension connected to the skull then use make-up only on his face -will they allow glasses ? You could modify a cheap set of sunglasses or clear safety goggles with yellow/gold vinyl film or paint , leaving enough space open as a cat eye pupil so he has good vision while wearing it. "Hat " plus glasses equals no mask and easily removed if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back