Green Arrow Collapsed Bow (Smallville) Question

Hawke

Here is a really simple prop that I've never seen anyone attempt. In Smallville, to avoid having Green Arrow carry his compound bow around at all times, they introduced the idea that through the magic of CG his bow could fold in on itself into a compact wand.

Making it should be easy enough but wondering if anyone has an idea on the lights embedded on the side? Not an electronic guy, so any help identifying these lights would be much appreciated!

0607Rage08.jpg6x07-Rage-116.jpg1005isis05.jpgjusticeshoot08.jpgjusticeshoot15.jpgjusticeshoot05.jpg0822doomsday4.jpgjusticeshoot07.jpg

It looks like a strip light that you might put in a dark cabinet or closet for some extra lighting. If you check Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, or stores of that kind and look in the section that would hold similar lighting instruments, you can probably find something like it. Then you just have to mount it inside the piece.

Its not lights, its literally just the bow cast and trimmed down.

Wow, you are totally right! God i feel stupid. Well there goes that idea. Can't justify buying a $400 bow just to mold it and do that. Good eye! Have you looked at this costume/props before or was it painfully obvious?

At one time I was going to build this entire costume and did quite a lot of research on how to make that prop :) Having an actual 3D Mojo Bow helped!

At one time I was going to build this entire costume and did quite a lot of research on how to make that prop :) Having an actual 3D Mojo Bow helped!

Glad to hear I'm not the first person to try this. Running out of time on mine so think I'm doing to whip up a quick cardboard version but if you ever decide to mold your bow and made an accurate version, please let me know! Would be thrilled to get a mold of that.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back