Greedo Blaster Discussion

Have the -replica- tomtit parts and the UG176 reducers as well as the stylus brush replicas are on the way :)

Markus

Wonderful research you've done, Chris! You've been holding back on us..;)
Have you seen a photo showing the PL-259 parts on the Catamaran/Rocker-cover greeblie? I been wondering what that extra blur was ever since I looked at the Front-view photo. :p

The stylus brush appears to be a great match, but I wonder if it was maybe flipped around the other way with the knurling inside the front fluid-arm part instead? The stylus knurling is the same diameter as the rest of it's shaft, but on the Prop it appears to have a smaller diameter knurl between the shaft and the rear-end piece. What do you think?

2oasfoedit2_zpsbde42179.png~original

Speaking of this side-view Jawa photo.. Does anyone know what book the above picture came from? I could have sworn it was the visual dictionary, but after about 14-15 years or so I finally looked at my copy again and it turns out that this photo isn't even in there! The top-view photo in the 1st post isn't in there either. Though I know I've seen those photos somewhere before.

There was however a small photo of the Jawa blaster in the Visual Dictionary at a slightly different angle than the other two photos, not really helpful in this quality though:

visualblaster_zps69a7bbeb.png~original

-Carson

Last edited:
don't think there's a step
I know how you came to this idea, taking a closer look at the underside of the stylus brush section...but it seems to be just the way the light/ shadow is interacting with the prominent knurling. If you look at the upside, better lit area of the brush, there is no visible step. so why should it be present on the opposite side?

the MG81 flash hider with the "fake" funnel section is obviously resin.
see the color difference between the aluminum parts at the side at the amber areas at the knurling of the fh, where the paint has worn off. plus, the backside where the ruger barrel inserts is solid vs. hollow

Markus

*Gape*

after wiping the drool off my chin.....ahh! Great eye for these details guys, I'll be following this with great interest..

nope Eric

My two Rugers are still untouched since the day I had them deactivated.
Was always hoping for someone offering an accurate kit OR starting to research it ;)

The stylus brush arms are being machined as we speak, since the supplier over at TDH is out of stock currently.

do we know if the pulleys and the rod/ tonearm-greeblie combination is on BOTH sides of these blasters?

will lay out the parts once I have all in hand...

Markus

The real gun is reasonably inexpensive. I wonder how tough it would be to make a firing one? Looks like the ejection port is a hint covered, but...

The real gun is reasonably inexpensive. I wonder how tough it would be to make a firing one? Looks like the ejection port is a hint covered, but...

This is a thought i had wanted to do with a jawa blaster (enfield smle) wish i would've bought one 20 years ago when they went for less than $100

agreed reg. the stylus/tonearm combo, but still unsure about the imp. disc :confused

Markus

Only the Imp disc repeats on both sides. The other details are completely different.
BTW- I'm pretty certain it's some sort of tube/rod between the two "antennas" on top. I used to think it was T-track (definitely not).

In looking at my visual dictionary at the jawa blaster, i am not convinced that they are stylus arms, a while back i had to work in an attic where various cooling machinery was housed and there was numerous spare parts that were liberated from their lofty imprisonment ;) i had liberated some brass fittinds of various sizes that look more like that used on the gun than the stylus, it is basicaly a cone/nozzle that on the other end is a female fitting that can be threaded onto another fitting.

Only the Imp disc repeats on both sides. The other details are completely different.
BTW- I'm pretty certain it's some sort of tube/rod between the two "antennas" on top. I used to think it was T-track (definitely not).

Please take a look at the third pic in post #1... IMHO there is another brush/ tonearm head connector on the blasters left side!
The frontal shot of greedo holding the blaster is a bit blurry so I can't make out any details, but the Jawa blaster seems to have that greeblie on both sides...

Markus

Please take a look at the third pic in post #1... IMHO there is another brush/ tonearm head connector on the blasters left side!
The frontal shot of greedo holding the blaster is a bit blurry so I can't make out any details, but the Jawa blaster seems to have that greeblie on both sides...

Markus

I was looking at the Greedo blaster and not the Jawa one. The Jawa blaster does appear to have the complete assembly on both sides (I can't make out the small cone at the back though). The Greedo blaster, at least during pick-up/close-up shots filmed in California, only has the stylus brush rod on the left side - no head connector or rear sweep arm cone. The front of the rod is clean silver so it looks like the head connector may have been there at one point.
There's one pic from the UK shoot that looks like the head connector "might" be on there, but I'm not positive. The rear sweep arm piece is definitely not there.

I'm trying to figure out the piece on the left side (opposite the ejection port). I looks like a rectangle with a threaded rod going through it. Easy enough to replicate, but I'm curious what it is.

Malcolm Reade of Reade Models wanted me to pass this on to others interested in a set (or more) of the original parts used to make Greedo's DT-12, or various other Star Wars props. He now has them advertised on his page:

Home

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back