Greeblie identification needed! (Aliens)

The three nozzle shape reminds me of the gun muzzles from Revell's Robotech Trigon kit. Which incidentally, also had Valkyrie style mech kits in the same range.

SAS

Might be! Have a look here: Trigon

As the production of the Robotech series began in 1984 and the models were readily available in Europe (at least here in Germany) I think this is a direction to look into for all those greebies.

Cheers,
Stefan

Last edited:
How about this for the cable end piece of the helmet:

6821247.jpeg

That could be it!

The front might have grill slots.

I can post some picts of my home-made one later today.

There is a lot of dremeling to fit it on a curved surface like the helmet.

I remember making that welder discovery awhile back! Funny eh?

I've got another borrowed part for you.

The SG headset (just past the round ear foam) is the same part as

the front visor on Spunkmeyers helmet.

I remember that discussion, but all those parts that came up back then had sloped walls. This is the first one to have vertical walls and is otherwise really close.

As for the SG-Headset / DS-Helmet visor part: You are refering to the box that is mounted below the earpad? I agree that it has similarities to the front of the DS-Helmet sight, but if you look closely they are quite differend (unless we are talking about differend parts - so any pictures?)

Cheers,
Stefan

I remember making that welder discovery awhile back! Funny eh?

I hope I didn't come across as sounding like I had come up with this info, I was just repeating what I had heard long ago from someone else.:redface
It was probably you who were the original source.

So here's a comparision shot showing the differences between the welder part and the Valkyrie part - it's already very close but not exactly the one. What might help limit the search is the fact that all kits produced later than 1985 can be ruled out (unless they're reissues).

0286118.jpeg

Cheers,
Stefan

If you go to the Macross world link I posted, is has a listing of all the kits made in plastic divided by company and time of release. It also has scans of the instructions front and back which show the parts trees and the finished kit. Most of them are of mediocre quality, but they give a good idea of whats in the kit. You will want to conentrate on the Arii and IMAI kits and the Bandai re-releases (which were IMAI kits originally). That particular part may be from an IMAI 1/72 Super Valkyrie (the one with the large boosters) and not the regular one.

As for the Robotech Nebo kit (originally the 1/40 Orguss variable from IMAI) the body is too short and theres a gradual taper to it whereas the part on the helmet is pretty much straight. Also, the intake grills are molded into the Nebo part, and I get the feeling the actual part in an unmodified single piece. The Nebo kit is four parts (front intake, rear body, rear grill, bottom plate).
Every time I look at the helmet, the word that pops into my head is "arms." Maybe some kind of robot arm part. If we could get a clearer, closer pic, it would help immensely (that should be the RPF motto:rolleyes) but I know how hard those are to come by. I'll keep looking, and see what I can find.

Brian

I just got my destroid kit, and there is another piece used!

It is the circular piece off to the right.

It appears the middle area is homemade + grafted to the

top of the tomahawk.

I'm thinking the center button is a model kit as well. That is where

I was seeing the snowspeeder+ maybe the other side too??

Last edited:
Hi Matt

Nice pic mate. Very useful. I just printed off some pics of the helmets and was making notes on them and then came to the end of the thread and found it already done for me :lol nice one

Can I ask what scale the Destroid figure you got was? Also has anyone received one of the Robotech Trigon models yet and confirmed it to be correct and if so what was the scale again please?

Cheers

Darren

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back