Graflex socket question

Gregatron

Master Member
So, I was disassembling a Roman’s Graflex 3-cell replica to examine it in detail, and things got a little tricky. In disassembling the electrical socket, the plastic parts required some force to pry apart, and some of the smaller parts fell out before I could get a look at where they came from. The parts in question are a small, L-shaped electrical contact with a hole in one end, and two very, very tiny springs.

I’ve been searching for images and/or exploded view diagrams to put the socket back together correctly, but haven’t had much luck. If the experts here could chime in, it would be appreciated! Thanks!

94CA3E63-FFFF-40ED-911C-FBCD129EFFA1.jpeg

The tiny springs go in the holes the brass pins screw into. The L shaped contact goes between the rectangular nut and the curved brass contact strip.

graflex contact.jpg

(The flat head screw above the glass eye goes through it into the rectangular nut to hold the bulb assembly in. The curved brass strip is the outer layer of that 3 layer sandwich, going against the inside of the body tube.)

Last edited:
The tiny springs go in the holes the brass pins screw into. The L shaped contact goes between the rectangular nut and the curved brass contact strip.

View attachment 851758

(The flat head screw above the glass eye goes through it into the rectangular nut to hold the bulb assembly in. The curved brass strip is the outer layer of that 3 layer sandwich, going against the inside of the body tube.)
Do you know where I can find the brass contact strip to purchase for my bulb socket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back