Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfful - full suit pics on page 4

Re: Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfful

Looks great. Excellent build mate, kind of makes me want to do a wookie now.

Thanks everyone. Front of the shirt is done now. off to work on the back now.

Update time...

Finished the chest and back and now I am working on the arms. I started the left forearm. I am quite happy except when I level my arm witht he floor it seems like I get a bare seam line down the top of my arm exposing the mesh. Is this something common or should I add more hair. I nearly have latched every loop on the arm so I dunno what I should do, or even if I should. I dont believe I will level my arm like that so much, but if I can fix it I want to do it now. Here is a super fuzzy pic in the bathroom mirror. I am wearing a chimpanzee costume glove I found on line. I think Im gonna remove the fingers and cast them onto a glove that will act as a full sized hand.

downsize-15.jpg

Well still busting rear on this and happy to say the left arm is now done. All that is left is the right arm. I have to say I am happy to see the arm to leg ratio is not really off looking. The use of the shoulder pads lift the location of my shoulders up about 4 inches. then drawing the sleeve down to my finger tips and extending the hair down give my arm relative proportion to the costume.

Oddly enough I have developed an interesting problem. I have been latching so much over the last two weeks that my fingers are literally having issues. i wake up each morning with my pointer finger ligament wound so tight that if I try to bend the finger it unconsciously flicks forward. It takes an hour for the finger to warm up and stop. It freaked me out the first day. I now kinda find it funny. Taking a few days off and hitting the home stretch on Saturday. All that is left is the right arm.

downsize-16.jpg

downsize-17.jpg

I am quite happy except when I level my arm witht he floor it seems like I get a bare seam line down the top of my arm exposing the mesh. Is this something common or should I add more hair. I nearly have latched every loop on the arm so I dunno what I should do, or even if I should.

This happens with latch hook suits. If it's really bald, you can try adding hair and try to get it to criss-cross over the line that is commonly bare.
Its generally not a problem because when your arms are level, no one can see the top of your arm because you are so tall. Another trick is to not put your arm like that! heh

If all goes well...Fingers crossed, Sunday will be the first full suit up before grooming!!!!

Sooooo Close... I could be done with this by tonight actually, a day ahead of schedual!!!!!!

Here is the front of the shirt...

downsize-18.jpg

and here is all I have left to do.

downsize-19.jpg

Tomorrow all I have to do it tweek the length of the dreds and do the last bit of air brushing to cover up any glue traces I used.

Saturday morning I have Shad coming over to put on the suit so I can groom and trim hair while its being worn so I can see if there are any thin spots or any odd layers. Then its testing it out on a troop that night. Pictures to come!

So excited!

98 percent there! Well I took my suit out for a test troop to see what I like and what I didn't like. I have a list of adjustments that I would like to make now, But I made my first troop with it as a test run. here is the suit thus far....

TimeLordFest054.jpg

TimeLordFest057.jpg

TimeLordFest070.jpg

TimeLordFest021.jpg

TimeLordFest020.jpg

TimeLordFest013.jpg

TimeLordFest011.jpg

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the complimets.

As for the heat. Its really hot. Gotta build up the tollerance for it I guess. I am ordering pizza tomorrow and I figured I would give the delivery person a bit of scare. Put it on and growl when they deliver. I almost worry that they will drop the food though.

Great work and I know nobody check this thread anymore cause its 9 months after the last posting but what color did you use for the main dark brown of the suit? Im guessing you are using the KaneKalon. I am starting on my suit also. I can pull Tarfful better than Chewie

Wicked wook. Did you get past the bald line for the arms? And what weights of leather did you use for the armor/bandoliers/belt? And did the pizza guy drop and run?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back