Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found my future ex-wife! :lol

She is totally on point! :thumbsup

but what do you think of this lady? she's getting ripped to shreds by certain fan pages not touting how great the weekend box office numbers are.

'it's like paul fig newton just pointed a camera at someone and said 'do something funny''

YES! that's exactly how paul feig comedies come across! did they have a script, or did they just have an outline?

they laughed at the mike hat joke? it was so bad it took m,e a few weeks and someone saying 'you have to say it out loud to get it' to get it.

I guess when you dumb down your humor, you can enjoy laughing at the simple stuff.

I will say this for the 'you have to see it' crowd. it makes it much easier to trash it in 40 minute videos.

-edit I noticed the place that was ripping apart the comicbook girl video deleted their post all of a sudden ;o).

Last edited:
starting to wind down a bit...a long two years. those who want to listen will, those who won't won't.

but what do you think of this lady? she's getting ripped to shreds by certain fan pages not touting how great the weekend box office numbers are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_vAcFGTJU&feature=youtu.be

I've followed Comicbookgirl19's channel from even before she had that "robot" on the set. She has some great insight with her movie reviews.
She really gets into her reviews of Marvel films.

Here's a fun segment where she enters a debate of Avengers vs. JLA in terms of effectiveness in defending the Earth against threat. Being a confessed Marvel fangirl she articulated her points intelligently on The Avengers against a guy who seemed completely unprepared to debate. It's all done in good fun, of course. The highlight is when one of the "jury", Adrienne Curry, asks her why she's so hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a really cool video, but man, the dude is hard to watch, you can tell he is super nervous, but Comicbook girl man. She is awesome. If I met a girl like her I would slap a ring on it SO fast.

Side note, Adrienne Curry is way prettier in real life. I was talking to her when she was dressed up as Poison Ivy last year at SDCC. Im excited to see what she does this year. If its Black Cat I will probably lose my mind. :love

That was a really cool video, but man, the dude is hard to watch, you can tell he is super nervous, but Comicbook girl man. She is awesome. If I met a girl like her I would slap a ring on it SO fast.

Side note, Adrienne Curry is way prettier in real life. I was talking to her when she was dressed up as Poison Ivy last year at SDCC. Im excited to see what she does this year. If its Black Cat I will probably lose my mind. :love
Her review of BvS was hilarious. It was combined with her tutorial on how to properly construct a pearl necklace because Martha Wayne's pearls shouldn't tumble off like that unless the necklace is cheaply made.

Pretty disgusting people have hacked Jones' twitter and posting stuff. Also disgusting what people have been sending her because they don't like the film.

Her review of BvS was hilarious. It was combined with her tutorial on how to properly construct a pearl necklace because Martha Wayne's pearls shouldn't tumble off like that unless the necklace is cheaply made.

See!?! Why cant I find a girl like that?! *swoon*

I wasn't going to bring this up, because it's sensitive.. but....
something isn't adding up in this leslie jones thing. it's interesting looking into it.

The image with the insulting things has no check, but it's the same user name or at least looks right.. The image with the 'use the ones feig wrote' HAS the check.

Now here's what i'm thinking happened.

- She got hacked. Someone wrote something stupid because of that review.

- Being someone who went to college for either marketing, or a lawyer before she changed her mind.... here, she saw that as an opportunity. she asked sony to push the issue, feig wrote up some nasty things. she retweeted ALOT of them. 200 articles pop up since then.

Meanwhile, before this, ALL the entertainment shows had already moved on to comic con and Star Trek.

If they didn't do this on their own, this hacker gave them a golden opportunity to do more of what they've been doing since this started. and she almost proved that with one accidental DM/Tweet that sony could be writing some of the more hateful stuff on YT itself, while deleting constructive criticism.

too bad there is no way to prove it. and the media would never report it.

Last edited:
It is an obvious hack or photoshop. It happens a lot on twitter to outspoken right activists. I seriously doubt most people would welcome the type of crap she is getting on twitter.

Hate to say it but I just listened to 3 of the 4 versions of the GB theme on the soundtrack (i refuse to listen to that Fallout boy crap) and they're all really good and the one even sounded like it would have worked in the 90s for GB2. That said so far it seems to be a real mix bag of reviews, this movie might have been better released in the fall when the weather sucked and folks would go just for something to do.

I'm gonna say something here that'll probably get me hung but...

I detest Jones and her brand of "humor" from day one when I saw her in the late trailers I knew this isn't someone I'd laugh at because I'd be too busy trying not to slap them,acting like that isn't funny it's obnoxious :behave I don't particularly like McCarthy either but with her I don't have to fight the urge to smack her.

The other two are fine,not really funny,but fine and I could see them as Ghostbusters if the film was done right.

My two cents,I suspect I'll need to fight off a lynch mob shortly.

That said so far it seems to be a real mix bag of reviews, this movie might have been better released in the fall when the weather sucked and folks would go just for something to do.

It definitely should have been released around the same time as Goosebumps was last year. Heading into fall but before the swarm of the usual Halloween horror movies not for families.

Of course looking back that's when GB2 should have been released, especially with it being basically a holiday movie, but like so many people back then they really didn't think Keaton's Batman had a chance and still released it the week before.

In both situations, they wanted to get that summer blockbuster like the original.

Hate to say it but I just listened to 3 of the 4 versions of the GB theme on the soundtrack (i refuse to listen to that Fallout boy crap) and they're all really good and the one even sounded like it would have worked in the 90s for GB2. That said so far it seems to be a real mix bag of reviews, this movie might have been better released in the fall when the weather sucked and folks would go just for something to do.

something on imdb.

anyone confirm this one?

>>I noticed last night that GB16 was already available for pre-order on Comcast on-demand. Is it normal for movies to be available for pre-order 2 days after it is released in theaters, or is this Sony trying to make some money?<<

They bought ad space on Twinkies boxes so I'd guess they're just trying hard to make some money off this,TOO hard really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back