Garindan long snoot: Does anyone have reference pictures of right side or know if the snout stitching is on both sides?

woodywaverider

Sr Member
I found a cheap pair of welding goggles, I’m not sure if they are Suffolk Iron Foundry or not as they were unboxed and are not 100% screen accurate but are close.

88B9E3D0-A5FD-47B6-8BB2-CFA0871B03AD.jpeg

I have the inkling to make a Garindan mask or bust to display them, but I’ve not found any reference pics of the right hand side of the snout only from this side

D1BFE00F-9D46-4820-9111-8C2C1130B053.jpeg

I’ve seen a few fan made or replicas, and there are examples both with and without the cross X stitch along both sides of the snout

I’ve been trying to think how they would have made the original costume, or what would have been easiest for them, but I think either way would have been equally do able.

Last edited:
Hi ,

same question, i received those vintage welding goggles today i would be interessed to completed it with the Garindan MAsk.

View attachment 1680766
Nice goggles, I missed out on quite a few recently. My plan is to use aluminium armature wire and then a combo of paper mache and fabric soaked in glue. For the hood I’ll use felt or fleece. I think it will be relatively simple.

Nice goggles, I missed out on quite a few recently. My plan is to use aluminium armature wire and then a combo of paper mache and fabric soaked in glue. For the hood I’ll use felt or fleece. I think it will be relatively simple.

That's how I covered my snout - old t shirts coated in PVA wood glue. However I got a mate to 3D design and print the snout.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back