Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === flashgun ... anyone? **UPDATE AUG 14th**

Do you have any plans of offering a top with pre-drilled holes for a ROTJ Vader conversion?

Plans, yes!

But I want to first square away this darn deal on the Graflex. I know these vendors want this project, but they really need to bend a bit on tooling & stamping costs. They are REAALLLYY trying to ream us... :darnkids Right now the cost is quite high, and a bit scary. If they just come down about 20% on tooling the project will begin.

I know everyone is anxious, and other projects are depending on this... but cost (especially considering minimum order) is enormous right now. It's just a matter of the vendor realizing they don't need to profit off the tooling & stamping as well as the actual unit & machining.

Thanks for pushing this forward, working with all of the vendors sounds like a headache at best. Been happy with your products in the past, I'm sure in the end, this will be no different.

Yes Roman, thanks for making these happen.

I'd be in for one GRAFLEX. An extra red button too.

Ted.

Plans, yes!

But I want to first square away this darn deal on the Graflex. I know these vendors want this project, but they really need to bend a bit on tooling & stamping costs. They are REAALLLYY trying to ream us... :darnkids Right now the cost is quite high, and a bit scary. If they just come down about 20% on tooling the project will begin.

I know everyone is anxious, and other projects are depending on this... but cost (especially considering minimum order) is enormous right now. It's just a matter of the vendor realizing they don't need to profit off the tooling & stamping as well as the actual unit & machining.

IF they think it will be a one time deal then I can see why they want to charge more for tooling but you may want to let them know it could be an on going production
in which case they may be able to come down for the price. ;)

To echo what YODAofFXSabers said, that could be a winning strategy. I plan on making an ANH and ESB Skywalker with the 2 I've got reserved, but down the road I may want to do a Vader ROTJ or TFA Skywalker. Plus I imagine these are only going to get more popular as the film approaches and afterwards. I'd say that there is definitely a sustainable market for accurate Graflex replicas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: === G R A F L E X === flashgun ... anyone? **UPDATE : SEPT 4th**

Horrible news & maybe good news...

This morning, I was trying to figure out how to tell you guys the project was off... :( Costs remain very high, and tooling price didn't change. Add on top of that a ridiculous minimum order amount... there was just no way to cover the cost. No way.

In trying to figure out how to break the news gently, I had one last idea.

I'm going to increase :wacko the order amount... spread out over the next two years and completed in several runs. This will allow us to make smaller, manageable runs, and make it worth the while for the vendors.

I should have word early next week...

Everyone cross fingers and toes!! :popcorn

That would be perfect for me, Roman. I could get multiples from each run & keep the big cost down.

Thanks for keeping this alive, & I hope it works out. Any up front deposit needed will be no problem.:thumbsup

Horrible news & maybe good news...

This morning, I was trying to figure out how to tell you guys the project was off... :( Costs remain very high, and tooling price didn't change. Add on top of that a ridiculous minimum order amount... there was just no way to cover the cost. No way.

In trying to figure out how to break the news gently, I had one last idea.

I'm going to increase :wacko the order amount... spread out over the next two years and completed in several runs. This will allow us to make smaller, manageable runs, and make it worth the while for the vendors.

I should have word early next week...

Everyone cross fingers and toes!! :popcorn

Thanks for trying so hard, I know a lot of time goes into coordinating projects like these, whether they get off the ground or not, still real time has been spent

Last edited:

I would likely be one by Christmas, maybe 2... then one down the line for sure after that...

Your gonna be the Graflex man like your the Obi Man. You will have no problem selling however many you order.

A new film each year. Anakin's/Luke's saber having a central role in TFA, the world is about to go Star War Ape Crazy that's gonna make the prequel hype look like nothing.

I am down for two, three if you can make the Vader ROTJ holes on the third.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back