G.I. Joe 3 (Pre-release)

I actually thought the second one was better, if only because it stuck more closely (somewhat more closely, anyway) to the source material. But it wasn't great.

I agree, the second was better except for the part where they showed Lady Jayes's(?) official military picture and it showed with her hair clearly out of regulation for any branch of the military, and at the end where her hair was once again out of regs and she was shown wearing a beret with her blues. MARINES DON'T WEAR BERETS! Oh yeah, and the idea of commissioned officers letting Roadblock, who's only a s Master Sergeant or Sergeant Major, take command; that just doesn't happen in the real military, not even in Army Special Forces or SEALs where they're far less formal about rank that regular military. Nitpicks aside, a much better movie than the first.

I agree, the second was better except for the part where they showed Lady Jayes's(?) official military picture and it showed with her hair clearly out of regulation for any branch of the military, and at the end where her hair was once again out of regs and she was shown wearing a beret with her blues. MARINES DON'T WEAR BERETS! Oh yeah, and the idea of commissioned officers letting Roadblock, who's only a s Master Sergeant or Sergeant Major, take command; that just doesn't happen in the real military, not even in Army Special Forces or SEALs where they're far less formal about rank that regular military. Nitpicks aside, a much better movie than the first.

Sadly, the phrase "a much better movie than the first" could be construed as damning with faint praise. ;)

The first one was trying way too hard with all the futuristic devices, toys, and vehicles. The nanomites alone woulda been okay but they wanted a sci-fi flick with some action instead of a action flick with some sci-fi elements. The second one was less sci-fi and had some pretty badaas action scenes (Snake and Storm NEED their own film!)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back