Limited Run Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...Project Completed

Re: Full Size LEGO Lightsaber...

I used to sell colored blades, and still have a bunch of yellow if you need some :

MVC-004S.jpg

I think these are 0.75". I'll check on that.

"FYI: About 13 years ago, Tim P. was selling his version of this lightsaber over at ASAP which I was the admin. I soon got a C&D letter in the mail from Lego (I guess I was the only address they could obtain). The letter was actually quite nice for a C&D. They explained they had no objection to the design but of the use of the description as a "Lego Lightsaber" They suggested the name be changed to "Building Brick Lightsaber". I contacted Tim and let him know and the Lego Legal and let them know I was not selling the item but I had notified the actual person and that we were both complying with the C&D. That was the end of it.

Just thought you (and The RPF) might like to know."

Something you should not ignore.

Thanks Tripoli. JamesKenobi mentioned that too. If I change the name of this project do you think people would get it?

BTW, it's also funny how they didn't object to the build because I've seen my LEGO lightsabers at some LEGO booths at trade shows and conventions.

I think members here would understand. Lego is protecting their intellectual property name. I think as well they like the replicas as a pr boost at conventions and such but cannot endorse such. This is a simple solution for both you and them. If they see too much abuse though, they may not be too friendly. Best not to poke a sleeping dragon.

I'm in for one red now. If this happens after the first of the year, I may take 2!

Thanks, Jamie

@Lukke I've seen interest for the LEGO run on the IRA. You might get more interest over there. It's just a suggestion...

Wow. We're half way there already. I'm gonna take my specs to the shop tomorrow and see if I can get a quote from them asap.

Keep it up guys. Lets get some more people on the list.

I think I'm going to drop out of the interest list because the hilt won't be able to accept electronics.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back