Four Lightsabers from Ahsoka featured at SDCC

Looks like an actual full size circuit clamp card in low profile box on the Ezra...
IMG_1796.jpeg

Looks like they took inspiration from the graflex 2.0 clamp card

The brass greeblies below it are pretty

Like I said before, just the small details in these things like the cut outs and brass details.. all 4/5 axis Cnc work.. these suckers were expensive to fabricate…

The amount of detail on these hilts is incredible and even more so if they're actually made of metal. That must have taken some serious design time plus CNC.
I can only imagine the tooling setup… that inquisitor saber is pretty intense.. and I’m not a fan of the character or design, but have the up most respect for the person who designed it, and the machinist who actually produced it..

Wicked crazy amount of work..

Third and fourth photos illustrate the graflex brass rod protruding from each emitter end. Second shows some sort of die cast. Unclear if plastic or painted metal. Second photo, unclear if this triangular ridged section was metal or resin. Most of saber is aluminum or tempered steel. The protruding shark fins are multi chamfered. Nice workmanship overall on all sabers.

IMG_2473.jpeg
IMG_2657.jpeg
IMG_2662.jpeg
IMG_2661.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg

Last edited:
thank you everyone for sharing, keep it up!

these have to be the most detailed sabers to date...

every time i look at them im blown away by the craftsmanship

The detail is beyond ridiculous… I still can’t get over how much work is put into these things. By far the most detailed sabers so far
Haha I'm on the same boat I'm getting obsessed with the amount of details and still can't get over the fact that's it's most or all metal. That's insane. Each hilt must have cost a few grand to make easily... Wonder why they would do that though, but it's great for the community!

So I was looking back at the photos take by the Jedi Temple Archives at last year’s Celebration and found the EFX prototype of the Ahsoka Mando sabers. Comparing them to the props at SDCC. I see a lot of similarities. The SDCC prop has a little more weathering and nicks and dings in the grip section but I don’t see much difference that the EFX prototype got wrong. Any chance they are the same? I don’t think so because the emitter looks a little different but the body looks like efx hit the mark for a prototype.

Just throwing it out there. Tried to get similar angles but I’m no photographer. Lol

The photos taken by JTA aren’t in the same lighting or as good a quality but let’s see!
IMG_3980.png
IMG_3974.jpeg
IMG_3979.png
IMG_3978.jpeg
IMG_3976.png
IMG_3973.jpeg
IMG_3975.png
IMG_3972.jpeg

Last edited:
So I was looking back at the photos take by the Jedi Temple Archives at last year’s Celebration and found the EFX prototype of the Ahsoka Mando sabers. Comparing them to the props at SDCC. I see a lot of similarities. The SDCC prop has a little more weathering and nicks and dings in the grip section but I don’t see much difference that the EFX prototype got wrong. Any chance they are the same? I don’t think so because the emitter looks a little different but the body looks like efx hit the mark for a prototype.

Just throwing it out there. Tried to get similar angles but I’m no photographer. Lol

The photos taken by JTA aren’t in the same lighting or as good a quality but let’s see!
View attachment 1721709View attachment 1721710View attachment 1721711View attachment 1721712View attachment 1721713View attachment 1721714View attachment 1721715View attachment 1721716
Good eyes sir!

These photos are all from the exhibit. In comparison, Efx’s prototype saber appeared to be very consistent with the exhibit version, except for the wear. Even the bilateral seam matched between the original and eFx prototype. Note that Efx’s final version will be gloss coated, use hex screws, and be composed of die cast metal like the original hero hilt.

IMG_2568.jpeg
IMG_2588.jpeg
IMG_2587.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back