For no one in this world can you trust...

Bump cause I wanna do this as a new years project :)

Yeah, once I get through the Winter, I'm going to have to take a crack at one of these! This is still definately one of the coolest display ideas I've ever seen! :thumbsup

-Sarge

Oh yeah, I remember this thread! One of the coolest projects ever. I might have to put it on the pile of projects-to-do myself...although I'd have to do TWO because I have a friend who's a Conan nut.

Your project turned out extremely good, can't believe that's the same blade.

As for #1 and #20, neither are "screen accurate", they're both far to nice.:p One of these days I'll pick me up one of those blades.

I play Conan in the studio at least a couple times a week, maybe more. Something about all that talk of the mystery of steel is just inspiring whilst working on blades I guess.

Yes they were readable. I believe it was Ron Cobb who came up with the phrase. The Albion swords are replicas made in conjunction with John Milius (who owns the original swords) and Jody Samson, the original sword maker.

Last edited:
Yep. You can read it on Cobb's original drawings, as well as on the DVD if you freeze-frame it.

I actually have one of those knock-off Father's swords. It's crap, but it was only about fifteen bucks, what are you gonna do? I've got one of the Marto Atlanteans, too. Not quite as nice as the Albion (by a long shot, I suppose), but it'll do for now.

how much would it cost to have you do one of these for me, minus the blade cut as i cant stand owning a broken sword? There would be no limit on how long you need to do it, and i would compensate you for whatever costs.

if interested, pm me.

sorry to bring back SUCH an old thread guys, but this is TOO awesome to leave off the board

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back