For All Mankind (Apple TV+ series)

I've been a fan of the series since the beginning, but really struggled with S4. It needed more action. The class warfare plot on Happy Valley just wasn't that interesting to me, and I struggled with Ed's character changes. They only showed the outcome for Dani at the end, which left us hanging on the outcomes for everyone else.

I guess they show Dev still on Mars, but what about everyone else? There is no way that every single person involved in the heist didn't go to prison. They certainly belong in prison, and if someone they write themselves out of that corner, I don't think I'd be able to watch S5.

PS - How did Col. Lee get away with attacking his superior officer and not face any consequences? And a whole container full of civilians was shipped to Mars??

I've been a fan of the series since the beginning, but really struggled with S4. It needed more action. The class warfare plot on Happy Valley just wasn't that interesting to me, and I struggled with Ed's character changes. They only showed the outcome for Dani at the end, which left us hanging on the outcomes for everyone else.

I guess they show Dev still on Mars, but what about everyone else? There is no way that every single person involved in the heist didn't go to prison. They certainly belong in prison, and if someone they write themselves out of that corner, I don't think I'd be able to watch S5.

PS - How did Col. Lee get away with attacking his superior officer and not face any consequences? And a whole container full of civilians was shipped to Mars??
While I still like the series, I think there've been some logic problems in service to the story throughout the series. And the time-jumps between seasons seem to also serve as a way of abandoning characters and storylines, so the writers can largely ignore any potential problems that might arise from events presented in previous seasons. For example, is anybody happy with how Danny's story went? I didn't care for it, but I guess I'm glad they just dropped it rather than try sort it out. Same for some other storylines/characters that were dropped. I think it's kind of a cheat, but I'm also glad they didn't try to keep stories going that didn't work for me.

I will say that, though I don't really care for Ed's character, he's always been kind of an ego-centric guy, so I wasn't too bothered by how he's been presented in season 4. I just hate that it looks like he doesn't want to move his face much for fear of his fake beard & prostetics falling off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back