For All Mankind (Apple TV+ series)

Yep they had me at season 1, good start to season 2, the intro timeline really messes with you...what if... 9CC3F969-D284-4D0C-A20E-3E6832E8AC49.jpeg

I just finished Season 1 and am looking forward to season 2. Very well written, well acted show. Not as preachy and woke as I originally thought. The last few episodes were especially riveting.

Looks like the future we were promised as kids in the 70s.
They said we'd have a base on the moon by the mid 80s, and be on Mars by the 90s.

Looks like the future we were promised as kids in the 70s.
They said we'd have a base on the moon by the mid 80s, and be on Mars by the 90s.
The video timeline/‘extras’ also helped link season 2 to 3. Still surprised we survived the real timeline!

S3/Ep2, ‘Game Changer’, started out slow to me, had some cool things for the early 90s that I wish were available then - just enough use of space tech from my perspective.

lots of things going on, definitely not a great big beautiful tomorrow.

the last few minutes had me busting out laughing, all of the actors had the right expressions.

and hi Bob.

I'm still enjoying this show and these characters quite a bit. I wish Baldwin hadn't insulted Poole, but I guess they needed some tension to make this space race more personal.

I'm still enjoying this show and these characters quite a bit. I wish Baldwin hadn't insulted Poole, but I guess they needed some tension to make this space race more personal.
yes it was needed to get to the end of the episode, i felt it shouldn't have happened after all they were through. that said, I was laughing hysterically at Poole's expression later on (and everyone else's in the last few minutes of the episode), was perfect use of the insult (and the many drinks leading up)

Last edited:
haven't watched today yet, i plan to soon

edit - watched during lunch, another good episode. Maybe it’s just me but I remember some of those suits, ties and shirts from that era, or wardrobe did a great job getting the look right :cool:

and relationships have to have boundaries (I would do anything for love playing in the background)

Last edited:
I’ve been hooked on this show since last year, when I binged both seasons. I’d been put off by the subject matter—Soviets on the moon first? No thanks. But I gave it a shot and it won me over big time.

This season promised more of the same with the first episode, which really sucked me in. But the last two installments have been getting incrementally woker, and I’m becoming concerned that this show’s going to go the way of Westworld. S3 of WW was utter dreck, to the point that wild horses couldn’t drag me into S4. I really, really hope I’m wrong, and this show isn’t going to untether itself from the compelling storytelling that made the first two seasons so gripping and wander off into the preachy wilderness. Because that would be a great waste.

I’ve been hooked on this show since last year, when I binged both seasons. I’d been put off by the subject matter—Soviets on the moon first? No thanks. But I gave it a shot and it won me over big time.

This season promised more of the same with the first episode, which really sucked me in. But the last two installments have been getting incrementally woker, and I’m becoming concerned that this show’s going to go the way of Westworld. S3 of WW was utter dreck, to the point that wild horses couldn’t drag me into S4. I really, really hope I’m wrong, and this show isn’t going to untether itself from the compelling storytelling that made the first two seasons so gripping and wander off into the preachy wilderness. Because that would be a great waste.
I guess season 1 had to happen to get to this point in the advancement and application of technology. I see this more like if Hell on Wheels continued each season with time jumps instead of one endpoint. This show explores a subject I was always fascinated with, even though I chose a different path in the 90s. For me they nailed the look and feel of the era, i think the objective is still clear but between now and the end of the season, it’s anyones game

no BSG shaky cam in space, but a good episode so far, maybe it’s just me, does the CG effect look different? And now I am back to playing music from the 90s, and glad some of the best movies still exist in that timeline

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back