First time Venom endeavor (help welcomed)

Keep up the good work! In anxious to see the finished result. Think you'll have it done in time for wizard world?

First lair of Rebound 25 is on...... Dose any one know how long i should wait before adding additional lairs? I was assuming i should let it cure before adding to it.

First lair of Rebound 25 is on. Wait until you can touch the base and not have any come off with your finger before you make a second lair.

Second lair is on, added a bit of SilPig and a few drops of thickener so i could tell where one lair started and the next began.

Third lair is on. I was hoping not to have to do 4 lairs but i have some undercuts that i need to fill. Man a project this large can sure go threw some product.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Just don't tell my wife. :) awwww dam she dose the bills I might be screwed and not in the good way.... I will just pick up an extra shift to make her happy.

Man having to go to real work sucks i haven't been able to touch my project in 3 days. but now i will finish making the mold for the leg tonight. I toyed with the idea of buying some resin to make the outer shell of the mother mold but because I had some wall pudy dry mix I decided to use that. I get it so cheep its crazy. i go to Home Depot or Lowe's and find any bags with a rip in them and they will sell them to me for $1. (this also works for bags of concrete and what have you). I have used it before to make simple molds just like plaster but never any ting this scale I will probably have to use the pulley in my garage to safely lift it when i am done. I will probably just use fiberglass for the upper body mother mold shell, not as cheap as the wall pudy but cheaper than plasti-paste and it will get the job done.

This is the wall pudy i get from the hardware store. 20140719_205645.jpg

Well the wall pudy cracked at the stress points despite being reinforced with burlap. It may work for one pull but I will be going to get some plasti-paste tomorrow. My retail store sells it fro $99 per gal. Not cheap but right tool for the job.

web shooter trigger housing. I used two end caps for pvc and then fused them together with The You Mold IT from Radio Shack. It doesn't have to be pretty as it will be under silicone but it dose have to be functional.

- - - Updated - - -

It's looking great
Thanks for the positive words

My Plasti-Paste should come in tomorrow ordered the 2 of the 5gal kits. droped the price down to $70 per Gal at my local shop. in the mean time i decided to continue with the leg in plaster reinforced with Plexiglas and resin. Pored my first lair of Dragon Skin, I hope this pull comes out good. ............

well going on 2am and still at it. .......... Man that is one expensive puddle

20140724_014138.jpg20140724_014107.jpg20140724_014237.jpg
is hard to evenly coat the inside of this leg... I am continuously rotating it with the straps...... this plaster is heavy i hope the Plasta-paist is alot lighter.

Finished sculpting tonight. Had to throw a lair of Kills on the clay so that I can add the Rebound tomorrow morning. decided to toss a little spray paint on over the Kills so that I could have a small preview. :)
Man he looks weird with no teeth in.......

20140726_232940.jpg20140726_232912.jpg20140726_233004.jpg20140726_232955.jpg
20140726_232856.jpg20140726_232926.jpg20140726_232838.jpg

Last edited:
OK first as i have established never use this clay..... second if you do use this clay spray it with Kilz. Third if you are working on a peace as big as this work in a well ventilated aria...... I think i may have killed more than my fair share of brain cells with the fumes.......

first lair of Rebound 25 on....... holy smokes batman it takes a long time to apply this stuff to a piece this large and awkward.

Holy Smokes Batman

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back