First time Foamer Ironman MKMix

Foot flaps and hands are all that's left as far as the build, I primed the feet. and the rest of the suit for painting. I just need to go get some under armor for the suit and begin painting, LED's should be shipped to my house today, need to begin construction of the eyes, reactor and hand repulsers.
I've been excited about getting the eyes done for a while and now i'm ready to get this done!

Results of last nights work, I finished all the finger pieces which literaly took no time lol the hand/finger was what I believed to be the most time consuming, but i finished all the fingers in about 1 hour, the wrist rapped pieces where the repulser goes took about 20 mins, (this is not including tracing cutting trimming etc, just assembly) here is one glove.

top glove.jpgpalm no repulser glove.jpg

and Im wiring my suit I'm debating connecting multiple 9v connectors to one switch to allow maximum battery life, as well as the ability to simply turn on or off the lights for pictures! Heres the basic reactor piece.

reactor not lit.jpgreactor lit.jpg

finishing the other hand today, all that's left for that is to finish the palm part and then just get the foot flaps done, prime them up and i'll be ready to paint!

Here are some results of last nights work, got a bit of painting done, granted the bottom of the pic I'm using as a reference as to where to paint is cut off mid thigh, that's fine, I will just finish the bottom with black. Without further ado...

partial pain repulser.jpgpartial paint glare.jpgpartial paint.jpg

Almost done!

The suit is done as far as painting and the build itself, all thats left is the wiring, and I wanted to connect all the pieces to a single power source on the suit but that will prove too difficult, I may have separate power sources so I wont have any more wires to connect when I put the suit on, It roughly takes about 10-15 mins to put on, including wiggle time to put the gloves on ect.

Either way I went out in public yesterday night after work, holy cow was it an experience! Never have I had so many people stop and snap photos with me, I mean the adults were more happy to see me than the children lol. Here are pics after I got back from my run with the suit.

complete.jpgcomplete2.jpgcomplete3.jpg

This past weekend, I went to the mall in my completely finished suit, It was pandemonium! Nothing has made me feel so good ever! I'm so happy the community here is so great, Thanks to everyone with their files, similar stories, tips and tricks, and especially you Stealth! Your vids made this possible, and Brought more smiles to children's as well as older couples faces this weekend! Thank you everyone for your inspiration and help with this! It was a good first build and I look forward to sharing more moments with you guys in the future!

IMG_1118.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back