Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

I dont think brad pitt ever wore that jacket
Definitely not on film. Although I don't doubt for one second that this jacket was with the production and was in the hands of Kaplan at one point. Doesn't matter if it's not the screen used jacket. It's one of two jackets involved in the film that we have ever seen and to me it's almost more valuable that it wasn't used in the movie. It's not accessible at all

Does anyone know if logan answers questions through email? I tried once but never got a response

Sometimes he takes a while. You can use the form on his site for sure, but I think it just routes to his e-mail.

So if x-mart has the OP 523's, he could confirm the color, right? I'd be curious to hear about that.

I emailed him with all the questions which should put this subject to rest. Whatever he tells me I'm buying and gonna take it as fact. I sent him smirking' pics and the two comparison pics in soul's collage he just posted today

I emailed him with all the questions which should put this subject to rest. Whatever he tells me I'm buying and gonna take it as fact. I sent him smirking' pics and the two comparison pics in soul's collage he just posted today

I've already done that. I did it Sunday night. What am I stoopid over here?

Notice the angles on the collar are more dramatic and pointier at the tips.

Yeah and def slightly longer. I still haven't seen a Logan with these wispy looking collars yet. I really want to see what the SR antuique red one looks like. But my holiday to Ibiza is stopping my from buying one lol

Thanks for the pics soul!

Yeah and def slightly longer. I still haven't seen a Logan with these wispy looking collars yet. I really want to see what the SR antuique red one looks like. But my holiday to Ibiza is stopping my from buying one lol

Thanks for the pics soul!

To my eyes this collar is pretty much identical to JAL's modern builds. If I get a chance I'll take some pics of mine. Probably won't have time today but maybe tomorrow or over the weekend. The "wispy" aspect of it is probably also due to some wear as the collar bends and flows. Particularly on the tip of the collar where with wear it will start to bend and curve a little.

The leather mine is made from is quite resilient but I've been wrinkling the hell out of it every chance I get, particularly the collar. I want that collar to have some character! It's slowly starting to work, but it's tough. I crumpled it into a ball, with specific attention to crumpling the collar, and left it overnight and it's almost exactly back to where it was out of the box. It's hard to keep the wrinkles for too long. The paint definitely had to have helped with that, especially if it's lambskin. I imagine the calfskin retains it's shape a bit better. Mainly my lining is all wrinkled now haha. Though, it has definitely helped the collar sit more naturally and the arms are slowly getting creased in from wear and rolling them up.

On that note, I have to say I'm really thoroughly impressed with the leather JAL is using. My Mayhem got a small grease stain on it and I thought it would stay stained but over a day or two it just sort of worked itself out and disappeared. As smirk has mentioned over at filmjackets, it's like the leather is self-healing. Just really well treated I assume. Really durable, soft and classy leather.

Just my 2 cents.

To my eyes this collar is pretty much identical to JAL's modern builds. If I get a chance I'll take some pics of mine. Probably won't have time today but maybe tomorrow or over the weekend. The "wispy" aspect of it is probably also due to some wear as the collar bends and flows. Particularly on the tip of the collar where with wear it will start to bend and curve a little.

The leather mine is made from is quite resilient but I've been wrinkling the hell out of it every chance I get, particularly the collar. I want that collar to have some character! It's slowly starting to work, but it's tough. I crumpled it into a ball, with specific attention to crumpling the collar, and left it overnight and it's almost exactly back to where it was out of the box. It's hard to keep the wrinkles for too long. The paint definitely had to have helped with that, especially if it's lambskin. I imagine the calfskin retains it's shape a bit better. Mainly my lining is all wrinkled now haha. Though, it has definitely helped the collar sit more naturally and the arms are slowly getting creased in from wear and rolling them up.

On that note, I have to say I'm really thoroughly impressed with the leather JAL is using. My Mayhem got a small grease stain on it and I thought it would stay stained but over a day or two it just sort of worked itself out and disappeared. As smirk has mentioned over at filmjackets, it's like the leather is self-healing. Just really well treated I assume. Really durable, soft and classy leather.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I crumpled the sleeves of my old Soul Revolver every time I took I off it is really thin leather so it actually didn't take too long for the arms to stay slightly bent and well creased at the elbows <3
I see hat you mean about the collar too. Over time it will drop. Keep at it I say.
Thats my fave bit of the movie jacket!

Has anyone ever found a pair of polyester pants like Tyler's red pants in the exact same style with the thicker waist band?

I got an email from boathouse, they said they can't make the windpants.

No one wants to put in the extra effort, for F sakes they call themselves a custom order company.

Yeah I crumpled the sleeves of my old Soul Revolver every time I took I off it is really thin leather so it actually didn't take too long for the arms to stay slightly bent and well creased at the elbows <3
I see hat you mean about the collar too. Over time it will drop. Keep at it I say.
Thats my fave bit of the movie jacket!

Do you have a photo of your SR?

Yeah il post one later tonight if you like. The buttons are basically falling off lol
it gets used a fair bit in the winter months

I got an email from boathouse, they said they can't make the windpants.

No one wants to put in the extra effort, for F sakes they call themselves a custom order company.

Do you have a photo of your SR?

Aw, too bad. I can't find anyone to make custom clothing for any kind of sane prices. I don't even know anyone who would make the track pants. Maybe Magnoli?

Just my opinion but I think there are at least 5 jackets associated with Fight Club. Some may be used for photo shoots, screen used, prototype etc. I will show why below...

I am almost certain that x-marts jacket was not seen on screen but that doesn't change the fact that it may be the original that Kaplan distressed and used to have his apprentices replicate for the movie... who knows. In my opinion I still think it is one of TWO that I would die to have or see (Rupe you are so lucky!!!) The collar of this jacket has the texture it has because of the leathers location on the animal while it was alive. This type of leather is usually the armpit (or similar) of the animal. My JAL has this on the underside of the collar. I'll try and get some photos. Also, the reason Toms replica from a few pages back is so accurate is because he had the original in hand at the time and had a replica made.

The differences between the jackets are primarily noticeable in the sleeves and the collar (not color or shine, that is paint)
Anyone with leather jacket experience know that a leather jacket can’t rest, hang, fold differently (back and forth)

Jackets:

1. X-Marts and Toms Jacket
V_02.jpgV_01.jpg

2. Fox Studios Display Jacket (Notice: Loose stitch at the pocket, collar rolls open really low, wrinkles on the right arm)
FS_01.jpgFS_02.jpg

3. Jacket Seen on Brad during filming. (Notice: No loose stitch, collar is creased and the crease is higher, wrinkles on arm)
C_01.jpgC_02.jpg

4. Jacket only seen in this magazine cover photo shoot (Notice aging at shoulders, dimpling at the stitches, and collar is creased even higher)
D_01.jpg

5: Jacket seen with Kaplan. (Notice: No wrinkles on the arm)
Q_01.jpg

Thoughts?

Steve, soul already proved that every jacket you posted is just one jacket. Remember the film production is long and the jacket changed throughout filming. The collar was creased back and forth a couple of times for promotional shoots and for the exhibits. The loose thread occurred later on during filming.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back