Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

By the way guys I have one last surprise. Cant say what yet but meeting with JAL on Wed next week!! Stay tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it has to do with the FC jacket

Lol. You really gotta stop those teasing posts Aj. For a week I'm gonna be in turmoil trying to figure out what the hell the surprise could be. Hoping it's a new style Lamb skin JAL with custom distressing to get a 100% screen accurate look.

gc2.jpg

20140609_225021.jpg

gc1.jpg

20140609_225233.jpg

Btw watched Fight Club the other day again and was really paying attention to Tyler's mannerisms. In the scene where he goes to pick up Marla and bring her back, he chews a lot with his mouth. Is he suppose to be chewing gum? Or is it like chewing tobacco?

I didn't bother reading through 125 pages of thread, but - I live in Wilmington, DE. The fictional setting of Fight Club (New Castle/Newport is more like it). The original Water Sculpture is a few miles away from me, but I've never seen it in person. I need to go check it out, take some pics. I've been wondering about it since seeing Fight Club in the theater.

Lol. You really gotta stop those teasing posts Aj. For a week I'm gonna be in turmoil trying to figure out what the hell the surprise could be. Hoping it's a new style Lamb skin JAL with custom distressing to get a 100% screen accurate look.

Always one step closer to perfection... Lets just say should be something very cool.

Btw watched Fight Club the other day again and was really paying attention to Tyler's mannerisms. In the scene where he goes to pick up Marla and bring her back, he chews a lot with his mouth. Is he suppose to be chewing gum? Or is it like chewing tobacco?

I would place my bet on gum. I don't notice any evidence of him spitting like he has chewing tobacco throughout the movie. Also, the scene where Jack says "if you wake up in a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" has Tyler ride by on the walkway chewing (gum I assume) again.

Also, thanks for your comment on the collars, I appreciate it. So I think I've figured it out. I could have sworn I did this last time I tried this, but I guess I didn't. The collar needs to be over the jacket collar in the back (duh) so I don't know why I didn't do that before. But on my long collared vintage shirts, they pretty much line up with the jacket collar – it's slightly more forward, but it looks fine to me. On a newer shirt with a regular collar, the shirt collar sits further back and isn't as wide. The vintage collars are also slightly longer than the jacket's collar, if you can believe it. I think with a lot of movement they could get messed up, but it shouldn't be a big deal. Starch might help either way, but I don't have any around at the moment. I also think build and shirt size in relation to build could affect it, but one of my vintage shirts is extremely tight in the chest and the collar still sits the same as the other which isn't so tight. It's so tight that the top few buttons come undone constantly, so it's pretty drastic. Not to say that it's conclusive, but I think it has more to do with how the shirt is cut.

Some ****ty selfie pics attached just to show what I mean. Indy 500 pic for Soul. ;) I haven't shown that one off yet. And yes, my pants still need hemming so they're rolled up. I'm quite lazy about that…

Attachments

• IMG_20140611_182444236.jpg
    IMG_20140611_182444236.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20140611_182450322.jpg
    IMG_20140611_182450322.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20140611_182521629.jpg
    IMG_20140611_182521629.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20140611_183402589.jpg
    IMG_20140611_183402589.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20140611_183330274.jpg
    IMG_20140611_183330274.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20140611_183036172.jpg
    IMG_20140611_183036172.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20140611_182726683.jpg
    IMG_20140611_182726683.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
He's right. You need to put the shirt collar over the jacket collar. Sphlonged, you jacket fits better then I've ever seen anyone's fc jacket fit. Awesome man. :thumbsup Your collar and lapel also look 100% perfect. Your jacket looks vintage. All it needs is some fading and it will look perfectly vintage looking.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Dan, I appreciate your compliment, I know you've had an eye for detail for this jacket for years so it feels good to hear you say that. The collar is starting to break in and get some wrinkles in it. It will definitely take a while for that to happen, and I've been messing with it to speed it up, but it is slowly becoming more wrinkled.

Rupe, the color here IS pretty accurate. My camera phone still sucks though. Some of the color is still off, I guess because of the lighting/camera etc. That blue shirt with the pattern on it is actually really more of a purple. It's a blueish purple, but definitely purple in person. It looks distinctly blue in the photos though. But the red of the jacket came out pretty close.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back