FemShep N7 Armor, Valkyrie Rifle, + Omniblade (Mass Effect 3)

I'm not really into costuming, either. I like building the stuff, but wearing it? The whole time I'm pretty much waiting to gtfo. A few people thrive off the attention enough to distract themselves from the discomfort. Not for one second do I forget that I'd rather be wearing street clothes.

I've done it a grand total of once, haha. Never again if I can help it. :lol

Now that I have this made, my goal is to find excuses to travel and do photoshoots. What drew me into Mass Effect was the planet - hopping. Reading the info about a planet, and then wondering around on it to see what the landscape looked like was about my pace, haha.

I did a lot of that. I was addicted to the planet write-ups, particularly. I caught one or two science flubs but they're mostly pretty good and the writers often threw in some really nice sci-fi touches - like that one gas giant with the huge unknown structures inside it which nobody has ever been able to investigate.

If you like that stuff, get a load of this real life version, just discovered by the Kepler team. Elcor homeworld! Well, a bit warm for that, probably:

'Godzilla' Earth discovered by NASA weighs 17 times more than our planet - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Wanted to leave you a note saying that while I started my Femshep build before I found yours, seeing your massive dedication and amount of time and love youve put into yours has made me start mine over with a new outlook on it. There's tons of things I'd never have thought of in this thread, let alone your Flickr, so I just wanted to pop in and give you a big thank you for not only being awesome, but being a huge inspiration. You go girl!

I recently got the bug to do a Mass Effect suit, and after reading through many of the builds yours is the standard by which to work. Bravo!

Wanted to leave you a note saying that while I started my Femshep build before I found yours, seeing your massive dedication and amount of time and love youve put into yours has made me start mine over with a new outlook on it. There's tons of things I'd never have thought of in this thread, let alone your Flickr, so I just wanted to pop in and give you a big thank you for not only being awesome, but being a huge inspiration. You go girl!

I recently got the bug to do a Mass Effect suit, and after reading through many of the builds yours is the standard by which to work. Bravo!

Thank you both!

Here are a few more pictures, these were also taken of me at Animazement.

I did not get any of the omniblade or the visor, so those photo opportunities are still on the horizon!

Featured on Gamespot! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-mass-effect-femshep-cosplay-is-ridiculously-g/1100-6425642/
C87xttD.gif

Re: FemShep n7 Armor: SYNTHESIS (ME3)

excuse me but do you still have the pep files for this armor, i have been searching nonstop for the files and cant seem to find any, if you can send them my way i would greatly appreciate it, thank you

Re: FemShep n7 Armor: SYNTHESIS (ME3)

View attachment 111530

Here it is - keep in mind this was designed to be printed on dark gray spandex. Some darkening/contrast adjustment will probably be needed if the fabric printing service only uses white spandex. Also, beware, it can come out very blue-tinted on white, depending on your printing service:

View attachment 111531

Creds are appreciated, feel free to use it.

That's what I hope to do, and I want to clarify for everyone - I'm certainly *willing* to explain, especially to anyone else making a Femshep costume.

For now I am not as busy, the semester is still kinda starting.

Also going to recap some things I already did in August:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8425/7686889590_f2534a47dc.jpg

I followed an online body suit tutorial for this, it was my first time sewing spandex. Most of my costumes have been woven fabric until Shep.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8291/7741922968_4cb0b6e670.jpg

Most of my small details will be vac-formed, using apoxie sculpt there.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8292/7842385018_76bdd50c18.jpg

There you can see some of the small finger pieces I started cutting out of the vac-formed styrene. Also made templates for the omniblade (clear because the bright orange acrylic I will use for the final version is expensive, and I've never tried heat-forming by hand, so that will be a learning experience). The pixel texture is an experiment at this point, may or may not get used in the final version. If it does, it will be less noticeable from a distance.
The attachments aren't workin

I realize this thread is old, but awesome doesn't have an expiration date. Truly inspiring, thanks for sharing this with us.

The word 'FemShep', or specifically identifying a character as female, has always sounded odd to me... I've played through the ME trilogy a dozen times without once choosing a male Shepard. The martial aspects of the game are not as interesting to me as the interactions with NPCs, learning new bits of in-universe lore, and making decisions that have consequences... I suppose I could do all of those things as a male Shepard, but I've never even made it all the way through character creation as a male Shep without deciding everything was too over-the-top macho.

It seems like the link for the spandex design does not work, could someone link me to where it is? Or give me a direct link? Im currently working on a Shep build.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back