Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

As a wizard, you are going to hand out New Salemer's stuff? I sending the Aurors over to see you.:lol

Hahaha I know. It's just something that I can easily mass produce. I'd rather hand out macusa badges or wand permits but that's cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is good that you can and are allowed to do it, their are going to be some lucky movie goers.

Have you made any progress on the playing cards?

There is just not enough information to make an accurate set of playing cards. The numbers on the cards can't be correct, it is something I guessed by looking at fonts that could look like the one used on screen. Also the placement of the symbols, especially on the 2's and 3's looks off, but it's the only the only logical placement I could come up with.

CardSetPreview.jpg

Great job!

I agree with you, we don't get to make screen accurate replica until we get the correct placement and the original illustrations.

It is good that you can and are allowed to do it, their are going to be some lucky movie goers.

Have you made any progress on the playing cards?

I've been holding off on the cards. What TB said. It's just too hard as of yet due to placement. I've been researching the heck out of them as well

There is just not enough information to make an accurate set of playing cards. The numbers on the cards can't be correct, it is something I guessed by looking at fonts that could look like the one used on screen. Also the placement of the symbols, especially on the 2's and 3's looks off, but it's the only the only logical placement I could come up with.

View attachment 682445

Great work so far. Do we know what the Ace looks like?

My American Charmer I made using @TB-7021 cover
View attachment 682770
A couple of ads I photoshopped for the inside:
View attachment 682771View attachment 682772View attachment 682773
And a few sample pages. I used free content from 1920's news articles and photos and edited them to be slightly more magical to fit the theme. My guests loved reading through it:
View attachment 682774View attachment 682775View attachment 682776View attachment 682777View attachment 682778

UH-MAZING.

Also wanted to share the Magical Threat Level Gage I made using AZSneed graphic with the hands edited out and dremelling the clock body:
IMG_6449.JPGIMG_6448.JPG
And a few wizarding world ads/posters I made by editing more 1920's ads and also a no-maj bank ad using the Steen National Bank logo provided by Joma1124:
IMG_6451.JPGIMG_6377.JPGIMG_6450.JPGIMG_6463.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Also wanted to share the Magical Threat Level Gage I made using @AZSneed graphic with the hands edited out and dremelling the clock body:
View attachment 682779View attachment 682780
And a few wizarding world ads/posters I made by editing more 1920's ads and also a no-maj bank ad using the Steen National Bank logo provided by @Joma1124:
View attachment 682781View attachment 682782View attachment 682783View attachment 682784

Wow. Those are pretty cool and authentic!!! Good job!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Raverk, impressive Threat Gage, I am glad to see you add the outer tabs, I was afraid to add them to mine, because mine is not as solid as yours and they would break off easier. Awesome magazine, and posters, fits right in the era perfectly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back