Facehugger (warning contagion)

DARKVIEW

Sr Member
3b2a2072630a2d154a699e64309dca68_zpsfzcrbprr.jpg

Really nice piece there. Did you paint it yourself?

I had a foam latex one years ago. After a few years, it started to break down. I tossed it into the trash can. Someone came by later that day looking for cans to recycle. I happen to be driving up when I saw the "encounter". Poor guy was really startled.

-Ted.

First off I'd like to thank SankaraRaider for his thread & answering a few questions on building a FACEHUGGER..also the skeletal structure idea....& the false nails....brilliant!

Thought ld do this in reverse by showing you the finished model first then it's making.....here's some of the products used...
a73a22a30894b3feddfad245f454f861_zps9o4mtwse.jpg

I wanted a original Halcyon hugger but there like gold dust to get hold of as a unused kit so opted to try the re-cast as a trial....here's what you get...
ebe737556db50e77f494cc3755f2a7dc_zps9eo15tld.jpg

The details great & there's lots of trim to be done....
IMG_1475_zpszo81kwuc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
as i was looking at it originally i was thinking this is disgusting, and gieger must have been really off in the head, though i really do like alot of his art work.... then i noticed the nails and i had never noticed them before...... all of that being said GREAT build!

Still worth getting a Halcyon as many of the "stiff" vinyl recasts are way sub-scale - multi-gen shrinkage taks a toll, depending on how badly yours is affected you might find an original Halcyon kit is quite a surprise. The original vinyl is *very* floppy/flexible though - which is as much a bad thing as a good one.

Either way. Top-notch paint job. Nice work.

Im really wanting a flexible original next and making a inner skeleton like I did with this one as a filler....I found it very flexible to mold when l heated it...

This is how it looked with the main parts heated with a hairdryer to mould together better....
3568c351d78f3b6f324f6b4ce197d71a_zpsgvsoxtcx.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

b522fa7ef05c12ea0fcdb377bcc91834_zpstxn2c6xd.jpg

With the inner wire framework done....it made heating the vinyl to bendable posers easier & keep it's fullness & volume...any extra main bits were filled with cotton wool... If say you try it without say bending a finger it would look hollow & squished if you know what l mean...lve seen some horror tales if you pardon the pun...

Last edited:
Another amazing build! Great work, the paint job is delightfully disgusting (as it should be). I love the texturing. The false nails really do work very well. Creepy stuff.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back