Executor Command Tower

I've ID'ed most of the parts for this big bugger, but for having seen it in person, it's a cool model...

But it looks "flat". I know there are a ton of kitparts on it but the parts are too small and often large flat parts, the details dont pop at you like with the 8 footer or the Falcon. Mainly the facia, it lacks of depth, undercuts in comparison with the 8 footer bridge IMHO.
Still a cool build to do, but this thing is big and cant be moved easily, would love to see one though !

It was on display in Paris a few years back, and I agree with Julien, it looks flat. Tons of nice details, but flat and also entire white.
It's a huge model, 4-5 foot in width as far I can remember.

Yeah it's huge ! It was not well displayed in Paris, it was better in Bruxelles as it was in the center of the room and you could walked all around it !

Here's a quick list of a few kits you may need in huge quantity for this one :

MPC X-Wing
MPC DV's TIE Fighter
MPC Slave One
Tamiya 1/35 Gepard
Most of the 1/12 and 1/20 Tamiya F1 line
Rocco Gepard
Tamiya 1/350 Bismark
Tamiya 1/35 Flakvierling38
Tamiya 1/35 222/223
Tamiya 1/32 F-14
Tamiya 1/700 Junyo
Tamiya 1/700 Tahio
Airfix Meat Wagon
Tamiya 1/6 Midnight, Z1300 and Harley motorcycle kits
Hasegawa 1/72 Morser Karl
Hasegawa 1/72 Leopold
Revell Coral Sea
Tamiya 1/700 Hornet/Enterprise
Tamiya 1/35 Patton
Airfix 1/76 Matilda
Tamiya 1/35 Mobelwagen
Tamiya 1/35 8 Rad
Hasegawa 1/450 Akagi
Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Crocodile
Tamiya 1/35 88 mm Flak 36/37
Tamiya 1/35 Matilda

That's just a start, maybe I'll add more kits in the future to the list when someone got it on the bench !
Of course you'll need multiple of all those kits (sometimes more than 20 copies of the same kit).

Last edited:
I've ID'ed most of the parts for this big bugger, but for having seen it in person, it's a cool model...

But it looks "flat". I know there are a ton of kitparts on it but the parts are too small and often large flat parts, the details dont pop at you like with the 8 footer or the Falcon. Mainly the facia, it lacks of depth, undercuts in comparison with the 8 footer bridge IMHO.
Still a cool build to do, but this thing is big and cant be moved easily, would love to see one though !

Interesting... About appearing flat. Makes perfect sense but I'd never thought of that. Nor have I seen this one in person.

Did we ever see the front in the film? Or was it just used for the shot with the Falcon stuck on the back? Was it this model they used with the Tyderium passes by ("I dunno - fly casual!")?

This was the one from Jedi. The shuttle flew past it if I recall correctly.

Not sure if it was used for the Falcon scene though. You guys would know
much better I am sure.

No, that was a way bigger SD tower, to fit the 32" Falcon. Easily 2 or 3 times bigger than the ROTJ tower model.

Wasili

I think I see at least one MPC Millennium Falcon piece on there, too.

I didn't realize before that they made an attempt to represent the bridge windows on this one. However, it should protrude more, as there are also SIDE windows on the bridge set!

Too bad, though, that there was no attempt to replicate those Matilda parts with the window-like cutouts. Those are pretty prominent details on the smaller model.

Last edited:
Yeah it's huge ! It was not well displayed in Paris, it was better in Bruxelles as it was in the center of the room and you could walked all around it !

Here's a quick list of a few kits you may need in huge quantity for this one :

MPC X-Wing
MPC DV's TIE Fighter
MPC Slave One
Tamiya 1/35 Gepard
Most of the 1/12 and 1/20 Tamiya F1 line
Rocco Gepard
Tamiya 1/350 Bismark
Tamiya 1/35 Flakvierling38
Tamiya 1/35 222/223
Tamiya 1/32 F-14
Tamiya 1/700 Junyo
Tamiya 1/700 Tahio
Airfix Meat Wagon
Tamiya 1/6 Midnight, Z1300 and Harley motorcycle kits
Hasegawa 1/72 Morser Karl
Hasegawa 1/72 Leopold
Revell Coral Sea
Tamiya 1/700 Hornet/Enterprise
Tamiya 1/35 Patton
Airfix 1/76 Matilda
Tamiya 1/35 Mobelwagen
Tamiya 1/35 8 Rad
Hasegawa 1/450 Akagi
Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Crocodile
Tamiya 1/35 88 mm Flak 36/37
Tamiya 1/35 Matilda

That's just a start, maybe I'll add more kits in the future to the list when someone got it on the bench !
Of course you'll need multiple of all those kits (sometimes more than 20 copies of the same kit).

Thanks for the list....Just so I am sure, the Airfix Meat Wagon is a railroad car right?

On the left it's stock styrene plate + leopold handrail + flakvierling38 parts + unknown part

The top one, I dont know what's the base, probably a kit part, + karl parts + probably F1 suspension parts.

No tank skirt here...

Well I've finally started to mock it up. I've attached a few pictures of what little I have done so far. The last picture is of the actual model and the area on it I am trying to replicate. I want to thank Moe, Monsieur Tox and Scratchy for providing kit lists and excellent reference pictures.

Everything is only attached with Fun-Tak so if I have something messed up it is easy to fix.

Any feedback (Good or Bad) is appreciated.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back