EvoLutionX`s Iron Man Mark XLII helmet

Wow. How i wish my Mark 42/43 Helmet is as detailed and accurate as yours! :thumbsup

How did you get the helmet to be so perfectly round and clean? Need some advice so I can do better on my next helmet haha

I was just wondering did you fill the inside of the helmet? If you did what did you do it with? Thanks this looks amazing keep it up man!

I was just wondering did you fill the inside of the helmet? If you did what did you do it with? Thanks this looks amazing keep it up man!

thank you :)

Do you mean at the stage where I prepared it for making the mold?
That was just expanding foam so that I can make a base where the helmet could properly stand on for molding.
I cut it out afterwards, which was a real pain in the a**:confused

Why did you remove the ears after resining?
Background to the question: I just resined a helmet (gimpees file edited by xevanx) and because of the fact that the ears are hollow I couldn't put any fiberglas in there. Now the ears are only coated with 2 layers of resin and wobble if you press on them. I'm afraid to put bondo onto that surface.
Any advice from your side?

It`s a lot easier to work on the ears and get a perfect surface if they are seperate and you can put bondo/resin in the inside to reinforce them.
If you don`t want to do that just be really carefull when you sand them.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back