Evil Dead chainsaw hand

ThomasofTacoma

I modded a Spirit Halloween chainsaw to work as my Ash chainsaw hand. Inside I relocated the switch to activate the sawblade and sound to a center post. This allowed me to hang onto the saw with my hand. I wore a painted heavy glove to look like his mechanical hand that fit perfectly inside. This allowed me to stay in character without the saw on.
This is also my second chainsaw hand build. The first got a signature on the blade from Bruce Campbell so I didn't want to cosplay with it anymore. This one is meant to be worn and banged around with little worry about loosing the signature.
Top handle is made from a strip of 1/8 inch heavy aluminum notched and hand folded to fit the saws body. A piece of oak molding I had left over was perfect for the top of the handle, the bottom strip is a piece of paint stir stick.
This is also designed to still come apart so I can do upgrades or fixes to anything that might fail. Namely my poor wiring skills that will eventually fail. I'm still learning.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 122
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 118
  • inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 106
  • inside2.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 110
Very cool, I've thought about doing something similar every time I saw one of these at Spirit.
The first one I built was a big step for me. It's the first 'big' build I did for cosplay. A little trial and error as I went, it was an easy step in project that taught me a lot. This build is way better than my first. I may one day make one to sell too. If nothing else, just because it was fun to make and the smiles it gets from other people are priceless.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back