Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 03/25/14

Hey, everyone. It was cool to meet IronJoe. Too bad I didn't meet many others. That con gets soo busy, it's easy not to come across people even if you're there all three days.

How many of you had hotel rooms? I've always driven down from my home or crashed at a friend's place. But after this year, I really think I'm going to get a hotel room for next year.

Hey, everyone. It was cool to meet IronJoe. Too bad I didn't meet many others. That con gets soo busy, it's easy not to come across people even if you're there all three days.

How many of you had hotel rooms? I've always driven down from my home or crashed at a friend's place. But after this year, I really think I'm going to get a hotel room for next year.

We do hotel rooms. I can't recommend the Sheraton. Their beds aren't quite as hard as concrete, but they're not far off. if you can, go for the Grand Hyatt. They're not that expensive and they're far more comfortable, in my experience.

Also, I realize I snagged a pic of IronJoe in his batsuit without registering that he was a fellow RPFer. You looked outstanding, Joe!
Hey thanks!! I'd love to see any pictures, we were so busy I didn't get a chance to get very many :)

Great to meet you WeaponX82! Somehow I missed you the rest of the weekend, I was hoping to get a picture with you in your costume but that didn't happen. I can't believe I was there all three days and still missed so much!

It was SO amazing to see the work you all do! My son went absolutely nuts :)

707_zps69ed6f8e.jpg

There were SO MANY AMAZING COSTUMES this year! I couldn't even get around to see them all! For the people I did get to meet from RPF and Instagram it was really cool to see them and their amazing costumes in person, completed, like General Zod, Warrior Ariel and Ursula, and @Kites (Pacific Rim). I can't wait to wear my Barbarian armor again too, maybe do a photoshoot and get some good pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Buzz was fantastic, Duggo. My editor, Quiana, who was at the table with me when you came by, was absolutely blown away that you built it yourself!

Schlitzie, I saw you and the other Dark Crystal folk on 6 as I was hurrying to try to get a Karl Urban auto before he left Sunday (that didn't pan out, sadly), and I managed to get a great pic of you guys.

Also, I realize I snagged a pic of IronJoe in his batsuit without registering that he was a fellow RPFer. You looked outstanding, Joe!

This was SUCH an awesomely crazy con this year, I can't even fully articulate it... I feel like I could sleep for at least 2 days, but there's no rest for the wicked. I'm back to the day job tomorrow. :sleep

Thanks! Very cool to hear you guys liked it :)

Ok, here are the pics I managed to grab this year. Forgive the quality somewhat, as all I had was my phone. :)

BkA3E1ICAAAqXVu.jpg
Cap and Peggy were, hands down, my favorite couples costume of the con.

BkA3TDDCIAAIlTb.jpg

BkA3c4eCIAAyXCV.jpg
Absolutely gorgeous Psylocke.

BkA3n06CUAAODaa.jpg
I love that this guy actually looks rather like Andre! :D

BkA3w8xCAAEQocB.jpg
Lady Cap was sporting an aircraft aluminum shield and looked pretty awesome, IMO!

BkA4CkcCUAACHsf.jpg
A pack of AIM lackeys was up to no good!

BkA36XoCYAAX697.jpg
But Prince T'challa was on their tail...

BkA4K8rCIAAbN09.jpg
... with his lady love providing backup!

BkA4eesCUAEc9ew.jpg
I caught up with Jadzia while running between the convention center where our panels were and the conference center where our table was located.

BkA4NUNIIAAYwiB.jpg
IronJoe's awesome Batman!

BkA4pZTCUAETwr0.jpg
A gorgeous Huntress!

BkA4U15CIAAQ8PA.jpg
theduggo's Buzz with Woody!

BkA4yVyCMAEGnCz.jpg
Schlitzie's Skeksis and the rest of the Dark Crystal group.

BkA42GcCAAAKUc-.jpg
"CHIEF!!!"

BkA4875CQAMEnIz.jpg
A slightly dressed-down Black Widow (It was toward the end of the day Sunday and she was roasting in that suit and wig, so I can't blame her).

BkBFhkrCEAAd1q_.jpg
And, saving the best for last, the cutest little Raven EVAR!!

You guys were great

Thanks!

I was so excited to see that pack of yellow jumpsuits. One of you even commented on it after I got the pic. :D

A Captain America asked us who we were. I cried. Then I told him to turn in his badge and go home. He can come back when he knows who his villains are. A little girl asked if we were from Monsters Inc. I cried. So I am really glad there were people out there who appreciated us! I'm probably the one who talked to you. It looks like you were down by Kevin J Anderson?

Thanks!

A Captain America asked us who we were. I cried. Then I told him to turn in his badge and go home. He can come back when he knows who his villains are. A little girl asked if we were from Monsters Inc. I cried. So I am really glad there were people out there who appreciated us! I'm probably the one who talked to you. It looks like you were down by Kevin J Anderson?

I was a couple tables down from him, yes! :D

Hey firesprite! That's my Batman. Not Ironjoe's ;)

And I had no idea that was you! I have to be more mindful when I'm at these cons.

Hey firesprite! That's my Batman. Not Ironjoe's ;)

And I had no idea that was you! I have to be more mindful when I'm at these cons.

D'oh! My apologies. It was an awesome suit. :)

Somehow I'm not at all surprised that a lot of the costumes that caught my eye the most came from RPFers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back