Elysium HULC (powered exoskeleton) costume

Here's my HULC suit parts modelled by RPF member 'Old Skool Effects'. The hero suits have fully articulating spines that are able to move with the wearer. Each plate has 3 hinges and one arm joint with full rotation.

This is $80 worth of Shapeways parts assembled onto 2 back plates I molded from the originals. The rest of the spine and pistons are screen used parts.

The full spine without the vertebrae at its base is made up of over 150 individual parts. This is the most complicated prop I have ever owned.

Attachments

• shapeways.JPG
    shapeways.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 444
  • plates.JPG
    plates.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 605
  • lobster-2.JPG
    lobster-2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 470
I've loved the look of this suit ever since I first saw the trailer. This build is awesome, definitely living up to the original, love it.

UPDATE: 1-10-14
Subscribers to this thread may have noticed there hasn't been any progress updates in a while. That is because I have quit my job, moved, and returned to school. I hope to complete the suit before summer, but with my class schedule I cannot make any promises. All the comments and support have been greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the overwhelming positivity. I won't forget this project or leave it behind.

UPDATE: 1-10-14
Subscribers to this thread may have noticed there hasn't been any progress updates in a while. That is because I have quit my job, moved, and returned to school. I hope to complete the suit before summer, but with my class schedule I cannot make any promises. All the comments and support have been greatly appreciated. Thank you all for the overwhelming positivity. I won't forget this project or leave it behind.

Aaahhh!! This was inspiring, i was gathering materials for making mine........im just waiting on some rod ends to start it

Look at my ak-47, all i need now its my hulc

http://www.therpf.com/f9/elysium-ak-47-my-take-finished-pics-last-page-194713/index4.html

Thanks for the praise made007. Your modified AK-47 prop is fantastic! I love that you went so far as to reproduce the air-burst rounds as well. I opted not to buy rod ends for my build. The PVC ones I made worked well and looked good. I wish my bearings rotated further, but I'm still happy with the result. I should be able to get back to work on it during Spring Break when classes are out. Maybe I can finish it during that week. :)

Im gonna mold the rod ends to cast some in resin and use them, wont have more articulation but i just want it to simulate

Odayaka, I really like the detail on pistons - the multiple thicknesses along the axis. Did you do that by inserting ever-so-slightly larger diameter PVC pipe on top of the base pipe for the piston? I don't think I've seen pipe of diameters only a few millimeters different from each other. Also, did you paint the shiny portion of the piston, or is it a thin metal sheet, or is the whole part a stainless steel pipe?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back