Efx xwing cockpit redo

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have to have an EFX XWING Missing a cockpit.
(Dont ask why)

So I molded one, to complete it...but then thought"Wouldnt it be cool to CHANGE it?

THis is what I have so far.

1227002255.jpg

Holes can be drilled into the top, if you wanted to LIGHT that area, but I was going after the Screen and gauges.
Ill get JT Graphics to make a cool transparent decal.
Its probably more accurate to the VIDEO Game version of the XWING, but I like the look. I also like the gauges as to me, they pay homage to the studio scale filmed model in a strange sorta way.

Im also thinking of redoing the canopy. If you shave the front cockpit floor panel down (see pic) , the seat can be lowered, and Lukes head does hit the glass.

So the Canopy can be made smaller. I think its slightly oversized.

When I get that far I will update ya.

Frank

Why EFX/MR or any other company doesn't hire people like you Frank is beyond me. Well done. Are you installing fiber optics?

Who said they didn't hire us?

But thank you!
Yeah I was going drill holes in the top. Believe it or not..the full size set DID have Lights there. Smaller..and in a line. SO I was gonna FO. I cant wait to light this.

I dont know if I should cast it in CLEAR...or...just drill out the screen and guages.

I have more luck drilling.

(that's what she said!)

Who said they didn't hire us?

But thank you!
Yeah I was going drill holes in the top. Believe it or not..the full size set DID have Lights there. Smaller..and in a line. SO I was gonna FO. I cant wait to light this.

I dont know if I should cast it in CLEAR...or...just drill out the screen and guages.

I think yours looks better too. If you want to light the display and gauges i think it would be easier and cleaner looking to cast in clear. You can always drill it for fiber after if you need mutiple colored lights.

Will a cockpit like this fit in the new Legacy collection Wedge Antilles X-wing ?? It needs a lot of work and that cockpit would be a great start. Was also wondering if the huge Droid socket could be used to house the battery for lighting, with a scaled down droid head as both a cap and switch to turn the engine/cockpit lights on & off ?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back