eFX Gets Star Trek License

AJK001

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have looked elsewhere and have not seen this posted, so I thought I would post it.

I saw on ASAP that eFX has gotten the Star Trek License and that the first thing they are producing is the First Contact Mark IX Tricorder. There are supposed to be 1000 pieces signed by Brent Spiner. Maybe this time we will actually get them.

Has anyone else seen this? I really hope its true.

They did say that they had a surprise coming up and that they were revamping the website so maybe this will prove true =)

eFX takes on the Marc IX Tricorder

Well, this should be interesting. Wonder if anything will be different about this piece.

LINK

Rebelscum even has a banner that says it will be signed by Brent Spiner.

Re: eFX takes on the Marc IX Tricorder

There is already a thread about this. Maybe the moderators can merge them together.

Oh, there were issues with that?

From what I remember, a number of the people who actually received one from MR were not happy with the timing of the Closing Rachet. It either did it too late or too early, meaning the rachet would sound before you closed it all the way or after you had closed it. I'm not sure exactly which way it did it.

Yeah the sound effect timing was off if I remember correctly.
A tricorder WITH Data's signature definitely would be a selling point for me, this is very exciting.

I would love to see them do some of the Movie Props, like the Communicator from Star Trek V and VI. I'm really looking forward to see what they are going to produce.

This is great news and I'm very happy for them, and for us!
I'd love to see some of the TOS replicas revisited, and of course the movie phasers! :love

I would love to see them do some of the Movie Props, like the Communicator from Star Trek V and VI. I'm really looking forward to see what they are going to produce.

I vaguely remember Master Replicas talking about how they were onboard in doing replicas of the props we saw in Star Trek 09. I'm not too excited about those personally (worst phaser ever), but we'll see.

Can anyone tell us how efx has been in the past with keeping to release dates? How are prices? I am trying to compare them to MR. I wonder if the signature will push this piece past the $300 mark that the MR tricorder retailed for. For the sake of the piece, I'd much rather the display stand or plaque be signed than the actual piece.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back