Eden or Bust-- Postapocalyptic Dodge Charger

JudgeLusk

This isn't from any particular series, but is most definitely inspired by Mad Max and Fallout.

Eden started life as a 1969 Dodge Charger model, by ERTL. Here it is disassembled:
eden6_zps2675c4a5.jpg

The outer body is metal, so it took the paint like a champ. Silver basecoat, masking fluid for the chips, a coat of irridescent blue, chip off the blue where I masked, then some rust-colored model paint carefully applied gave it a nice ruined look:
eden9_zpsed4d6b69.jpg

A close-up of the hood:
eden7_zps289d0175.jpg

The interior got a total makeover. Not just paint, but a few weapons and a set of ammo crates in the back. The scale is a bit wrong for these, but it's pretty hard to see the interior of the car through the windows, so it's a subtle enough effect that I don't think anyone will notice the scale issues. The gun is cannibalized from a WW2 playset and several other model parts-- including the spikes on the front grill, the cast iron fencing covering the windows, the ammo crate and the holstered gun and grenades on the dash are from Warhammer model kits.

eden8_zps6c5e236a.jpg

I cut road signs out of an aluminum 'no tresspassing' sign. They could bend just like the real thing and I glued them to the exterior of the car as extra shielding.

A mini Maine license plate finishes off the ensemble. ;)

And finally, the finished product:

eden2_zps57d1b524.jpg

eden1_zps9a01b057.jpg

eden4_zps95654de1.jpg

eden3_zps8af8f462.jpg

eden5_zps95a30867.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back