Dress form for perfect fit costuming!!

I've been needing to get a Dress Form for a while and I thought making my own would be the best route to go with.​
Would it be possible to make a full length form with this DYI method and would it be worth it to make a full length rather than the smaller forms?​
And if you think it might more trouble than it's worth, which size would be the best general, all-purpose form?​
600_Mature_Man_Form_Young_Man_Right_two_with_boarder_and_protect.JPG

These are often really useful to have around, even just for storing costumes on. But I will say, it doesn't handle squishy body parts well at all.

I know people have made their forms while wearing period corsetry so that the form is pre-squished :)

I thought of doing that but I do too many periods and styles. And something I learnt fr too long after the fact was to use less pressure over the bust and hips. Tape to shape rather than support.

I managed to copy the original DTD instructions before they were put on cd. I won't pass them around, it was for personal use, but one of the ways you help the form retain the shape is to put in cardboard at the base (and i would also suggest ribs) that is the same shape as your body ( in a horizontal slice through) at that point. It can be difficult but it really helps.)
It might be possible to apply that to the this method.

Whose original DTD instructions? I've never heard of this before, there's usually a plethora of instructions floating around on the web.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back