Dremel attachment for cutting?

TK - Wow! Man that looks great!

This may sound like a really dumb question, but how do you start the initial incision for cutting with that saw?

first thing i'd say is dont fuse the pieces with resin and fiberglass. attach them with micro binder clips on the inside to line the pieces up and resin the outside, being careful not to get it in the cracks that separate the parts. then take em apart and put em back together again so u kno it doesnt have any fusion. fiberglass up to the meeting points but not over them. remove the binder clips and finish up those areas and you should be good to go.

if you already glassed the thing over, the exacto saw is the way to go. lol

...but how do you start the initial incision for cutting with that saw?

well, I used the edge of the saw to slowly "pull away" the resin material until I cut clean through enough to get the smaller saw in.

I used the edge of the Exacto saw to start the initial trench, then used a smaller saw that fit into the Exacto handles. Think a long exacto scalpel blade but as a mini saw. You can usually get a couple in a pack just replacement razor blades.

No matter how you slice it (pun intended) it will take HOURS to cut a helmet like the way I did. I had some practice doing similar cuts on Episode III Clone helmets, and it takes extreme patience.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back