Dragoncon 2016

Sweet glad to hear, getting a hotel is always the most painful part of the process. I know when I didn't get the Marriott, it felt like my heart broke, seeing I had stayed in the hotel for the past two years...I'm staying at a Hyatt that is 12 miles away. But at least I get breakfast included so that's a plus.

WOW 12 miles? Was there nothing closer? Or are you just particular to Hyatt?

I'm so excited for this meetup! I don't post here nearly as much as I should, but I lurk all the time and I've learned so much! And I want to make some more DragonCon and maker friends IRL :) I'm primarily a fabric-based costume maker but I'm building a prop sledgehammer right now and it's so fun! Expandable foam is my new favorite thing :) see you guys in a month!!!!!!!

I'm so excited for this meetup! I don't post here nearly as much as I should, but I lurk all the time and I've learned so much! And I want to make some more DragonCon and maker friends IRL :) I'm primarily a fabric-based costume maker but I'm building a prop sledgehammer right now and it's so fun! Expandable foam is my new favorite thing :) see you guys in a month!!!!!!!
Can't wait to meet you! One Month to go!

@MatrixSpoon TWELVE MILES? Thank god for Marta. But even then, that's rough buddy.

Yeah, it's a bit away. But I don't see the point in paying 200+ a night for a hotel unless your in a host hotel, why stay a mile away and pay the same price you pay for a host hotel, doesn't make since to me. That's why I found a nice hotel for a good price is all.

Yeah, it's a bit away. But I don't see the point in paying 200+ a night for a hotel unless your in a host hotel, why stay a mile away and pay the same price you pay for a host hotel, doesn't make since to me. That's why I found a nice hotel for a good price is all.

I completely understand! I almost stayed further away last year for the same reason!

Damn. I won't be going to the meetup since the Labyrinth Ball is on the same night D:

Our meetup starts at 8:00pm, I'm not sure what time your Ball starts, we usually hang out an chat and all for about 1-2 hours...if not longer...You don't have to stay around the entire time, it's a meet and greet, we understand everyone has manythings planned and going on.

I completely understand! I almost stayed further away last year for the same reason!

My first year I stayed 25 miles away, the last 2 years I stayed at the Marriott,...so yeah, you could say I've been spoiled for the last two years...Though it's hard doing a host hotel by yourself...Trust me I know, there not that cheap when it's just one person...

Our meetup starts at 8:00pm, I'm not sure what time your Ball starts, we usually hang out an chat and all for about 1-2 hours...if not longer...You don't have to stay around the entire time, it's a meet and greet, we understand everyone has manythings planned and going on.

It starts at 7 and goes until 11, but I'll come by after to see if there are any stragglers up for hanging and chatting.

Lightsaber project hitting a snag. Didn't realize the soundboard I wanted was out of stock since June. Oops.

Guess I'll focus on helping my girlfriend with her Rey staff instead.

This is the last updated list for the people that have signed up for a custom badge. If you name is not on this list you will have 24 hours from now to let us know your attending the meet, by saying "I'm attending the meetup", and would like a badge. Other wise you will not receive a custom made badge. If you did not receive a pm from me, about sending your information please let me know and I will pm you that information.

Thank you, in advance.

~Matrixspoon~

Host - Matrixspoon - Avatar
VIP - UMOPhoto - RPF Meet Photographer

Cogai - Avatar
CorolisCosplay - Avatar

Demonsaxe - Avatar

detenten - Avatar
Helpfulnerd - Avatar
ichnob - Avatar
ItalianNinja86 - Avatar

JamesBryan - Avatar
joshspiderman23 - Avatar

JupiterThdrbolt - Avatar

max headroom - Avatar
Mowsel - Avatar
Narrator - Avatar
Parkersandquinn - Avatar
pensive - Avatar

Rebel666
RockIt - Avatar
Scouser - Avatar
staticweb23 - Avatar
tiga - Avatar
Toolmaker - Avatar
torsoboy - Avatar

Updated badge list for Members w/No Avatar Attending the RPF Meet List:
Yautjakshai - No Avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just got things sorted, and I'm sneaking in under the wire to say I'm attending. :D My avatar and username remain unchanged since last year. What more might you need?

--Jonah

I also just got things sorted, and I'm sneaking in under the wire to say I'm attending. :D My avatar and username remain unchanged since last year. What more might you need?

--Jonah

I have added your name to the listing as well as I have sent you a pm, I'm making the badges this year so I will need the information requested in the email, thank you, can't wait to see you again...

The following people have not sent there information and there avatar, or what they would like on your badge. Please check your inbox on the RPF. If you do not have a message from me, please pm me and I will resend. Thank you in advance.

Cogai
CorolisCosplay
Demonsaxe
Helpfulnerd
ichnob
Inquistitor Peregrinus
ItalianNinja86

joshspiderman23

JupiterThdrbolt

Parkersandquinn
pensive

Rebel666

staticweb23

Toolmaker

Last edited by a moderator:
I have decided to push the badge listing back one more week, last year we had a lot more people, we had 33 pages, this year were at page 12. Please let your friends know, and anyone that is interested in joining the meetup. Thank you.

Crap! Forgot to message you back yesterday! Need to set a calendar reminder or something for myself to do this later.

can my avatar be my Lego Creepyfig?
1hzHFoV.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back