Dr Doom Mask - Pics

Really amazing. Looks really great, now it does need a nice display case (like in the film) and it´s perfect.

Now I hope MR will so one or I´ll get it somewhere else.

Thanks for the pics
Domenik

Emerson did a great job on that. It worries me that he finds the time to make something as amazing as that yet he hasn't sent me a single email since September about our transaction from last May.

Originally posted by BigBadBat@Mar 5 2006, 05:58 PM
Emerson did a great job on that.  It worries me that he finds the time to make something as amazing as that yet he hasn't sent me a single email since September about our transaction from last May.
[snapback]1199199[/snapback]​

Hey Bat, check your pm's :)

I don't know how to say this, but I will just say it and I hope this thread doesn't get closed.
I paid for one of these masks.
The ship date has changed three times.
Communication got screwy after money changed hands and ship date began to change.
I was supposed to get a tracking number yesterday and still haven't gotten one.
I had to open a complaint with PayPal. :angry

I just want to make all the board members who have sent payment for the Doom mask aware that there two threads over at the BOTB where members have had problems getting their stuff or a refund from Emerson.

The first thread from a few months ago is here:

http://com1.runboard.com/bbrotherhoodofthe...lectibles.t5138

And the second newer therad is here:

http://com1.runboard.com/bbrotherhoodofthe...lectibles.t5421

I really didn't want to have to post this info here thinking this was isolated to just a few members at the BOTB but it seems this is a much bigger problem than we originally realized after I got a PM from decaturvader this morning. He informed me that there is a possibility that other members here are having the same trouble. If you have sent payment for the Doom mask or any other item to Emerson, please contact me via PM. I just posted this message on the BOTB:

Thank you for posting Chad. Chad had PMed me this morning over at the RPF about his deal with Emerson and I asked him to post over here. This is really starting to get out of hand. Emerson is actively making new deals while ignorning the rest of us for months. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.

It doesn't take a genius to realize we've been scammed. I will be filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/) this weekend. They work with the FBI and local authorities. I had to file a complaint with them about 4 years ago. A week after filing, a Detective called me from the county the scammer lived in saying he was forwarded the complaint through the IC3. He got some more information from me and told me he would be in contact. Three days later, I get a call saying the scammer was arrested. The IC3 also works with international law enforcement as they will have to do in this case. I'll also be contacting the local authorities where Emerson lives this weekend.

I need everyone that has been scammed to send me a PM or email as soon as possible. Try to put together as much info about the transaction as possible. Stuff like the date of transaction, Paypal receipt or money order stub, email correspondence, etc. I will give you instructions on how to file a complaint properly and who to contact. The more people that file a complaint, the better the likelihood of this being taken care of by the local authorities.

Again, I'm not going to file the complaints until this weekend to give everyone an opportunity that has been scammed to contact me and get your information in order. If you need any help at all putting together your complaint, feel free to contact me.

So is "corpseguy" this Emerson person? I know when this thread first came out and asked questions about the mask to corpseguy, he would not give me any information about the sculpter and was very vague about other questions about the mask, glad I went with my gut feeling and decideded not to get the mask.

Originally posted by THEWRAPOFCONS@Mar 7 2006, 09:39 PM
So is "corpseguy" this Emerson person? I know when this thread first came out and  asked questions about the mask to corpseguy, he would not give me any information about the sculpter and was very vague about other questions about the mask, glad I went with my gut feeling and decideded not to get the mask.
[snapback]1200879[/snapback]​

No, "corpseguy" is Joe. He is the middle-man if you will. He was the one who accepted payment for the mask once he got all the details from his source. Joe was great answering PM's and timely I might add.
However, once payment was made...the NEXT day he PM's me that the ship date was gonna change and if I wanted a partial refund of the Express shipping charge. He said it would ship the following Wednesday, so I gave in and declined refund...it only amounted to a few bucks anyways.
Then when it was supposed to have shipped, I PM'ed Joe for the tracking number...no reply. Thursday...no reply. Friday...no reply. I bumped this thread to the top, hoping if Joe was having trouble with PM that he'd get the hint...which I haven't seen him logged on to the forum at all lately.
So. Come Saturday, no contact and obviously no package, i filed my PayPal complaint. He emailed me thru PayPal oblivious to the situation. Said he had been PM'ing me, yet I received none, but was receiving from other members just fine.

I could go on and on...but this is just crap. Joe says he is willing to pay me back out of his own pocket "within 5 hours today after talking to Emerson".

I think Joe picked a bad friend and I have a very sour taste in my mouth over the whole thing.

Update.
I got an email from Joe, timestamped at 4:46pm US Central Time that said Emerson JUST took the mask to his post office. I paid $55 per emersons request for 2-3 Day Express. Emerson tells Joe that his post office wanted $200 to ship next day, which he declined to pay, so it was mailed for $40 and due in on Monday the 13th.

He did provide a tracking number, but obviously, it shows as not known to the system....which, I have no faith that it is actually a real tracking number based on previous history. he coul dhave made it up just to keep me on the string that much longer.

I am saying this here and now, as a man of my word, I asked Joe to continue forward with my full refund via paypal. One click of a button and all is right.

I told Joe in the event I do infact receive a package Monday and it is in fact a mask resembling what was pictured in this thread, I will do the right thing and send funds back.

decaturvader

PLMK how things work out.

Corpseguy

This post went from show off thread to sales promotion in under 5 hours. :(
You can't sell in the main forum. You have the time in, but do not have the post count to gain admission to the JY. In otherwords, you can't sell anywhere on the RPF. Not for yourself or as a service to someone else. It's a small safeguard put in place here and one that unhappily has earned it's keep.

One of the reasons for that 90 day / 20 post qualifier is well illustrated just above.

BEFORE you request admission to the JY and after you have your chat with Decaturvader, It would be in your very best interest to publically clear the air about the responsibilities of your sales position as middleman.

Jedirick - wasn't ment to be this wa :( my apologies

decaturvader - Please contact me , Your Refund was sent from my own pocket. Please Contact me

Update.
Joe has send me back the required funds via PayPal as he said he would.

Joe- sent you email as you requested.

Thanks for your concern Jedirick- it is duely noted. I apologize if this thread turned into a JY post as I was the one who approached Joe. This is was a highly anticpated item, not even seen on eVILbay ..if it was available, I wished to know how. :)

I continue to check the tracking number that Emerson provided Joe and it still is not showing as a valid package.

Corpseguy-

I understand it was not ment to be this way. Unfortunately the RPF has built an UNimpressive collection of "not ment to B's". We are currently suffering from the effects of several horror transactions. Those seeds were first planted two or more years ago.

We will never be in a position to see zero mishaps but personnaly my tolerance for irresponsible handling of member's money is shot.

We don't possess hindsight and I do not hold the RPF or any of it's administrations responsible for the actions of individuals but I am going todo my best to be responsive much earlier in the process with the hope that others, such as decaturvader will follow suit. The continuing practice of members waiting months to come forward about a problem, then finding it has already reached a chronic level effect several members has to change.

I defend the right of ANY member to complain when a promised deadline has come and gone with no reasonable communication. I don't care if it's two months or two days. A member has a right to openly voice his concern when only silence greets his private inquiries. I'd rather a dozen buyers apologize for jumping the gun than have one guy left unhappy, empty handed and reluctant to come forth.

People want their stuff.

Decaturevader- looks like things are improving. let us know when you receive the item.

I'm sorry to have to post again but I just found a 3 page thread about Emerson on yet another forum:

http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/showthread.php?t=39617

There are even more people that were scammed. Some have been waiting for stuff since 2004 apparently. So now there are 3 boards where this criminal activity has been going on.

Joe, I just posted this on the BOTB and I'll post here too. I've collected a lot of evidence the last few days from many different people and almost everyone that contacts me accuses you of being a middleman in all this. Please email me ASAP. I don't want you to to get into trouble over something your friend did if that is the case. A lot of the people that have emailed me are accusing you of being his partner in this.

Here is the tracking info Emerson sent Joe who inturn sent me:

Doom Mask tracking

I have never dealt with Canadian postage like this before, so I have no clue if the actual number, CE339290848TA is even a legit code.

It still shows no activity.
I hate to open this can of worms, but if Emerson is in fact blatently ripping people off and Joe is typically the "middleman" or friend-just-helping-a-friend out sorta thing....if legal action is taken against Emerson, wouldn't that mean action against Joe for aiding? I mean, for comparison, it's like getting arrested for posessing stolen goods. If so, and if I were Joe, I'd make darn sure I knew which side of the fence I was on.

Originally posted by decaturvader@Mar 8 2006, 09:35 PM
Here is the tracking info Emerson sent Joe who inturn sent me:

Doom Mask tracking

I have never dealt with Canadian postage like this before, so I have no clue if the actual number, CE339290848TA is even a legit code.

It still shows no activity.
I hate to open this can of worms, but if Emerson is in fact blatently ripping people off and Joe is typically the "middleman" or friend-just-helping-a-friend out sorta thing....if legal action is taken against Emerson, wouldn't that mean action against Joe for aiding? I mean, for comparison, it's like getting arrested for posessing stolen goods. If so, and if I were Joe, I'd make darn sure I knew which side of the fence I was on.
[snapback]1201721[/snapback]​

honestly? i was just trying to help a bud out. sadly i'm paying for it as well. again i'm sorry for whats happend here

Originally posted by corpseguy@Mar 8 2006, 08:11 PM

honestly? i was just trying to help a bud out.  sadly i'm paying for it as well. again i'm sorry for  whats happend here

[snapback]1201858[/snapback]​

Sucks to get scammed out of money or reputation. Sorry it happened to you but appears things may work out for you.

Please tell me you aren't rooming with this guy...

I would think that if anyone could answer on this issue besides this emerson person would be Davidyr1 since he works with emerson on many of his projects that he has posted in the past. from what David has posted on here and on other boards showing emersons work it only makes since that he would know.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back