Doctor Who Episode 2 Possible Spoilers as to the identity of River Song

Didn't River say she had pictures of all his faces? So even if she hadn't seen 10 before, she'd have known he was the previous version and just assumed that he would know her - After all, he did get her message on the psychic paper, so she had a reason to think he'd met her before..

if river was a timelord, she wouldn't need to see his face to know it was his. I dont think that's the case though.. I also don't think amy is river. they're different heights, different personalities etc. I think the comment about "sweeping into a young girls life" was about how all the companions seem to be picked up. Not to mention the time disturbance it was cause if she were.

I think it was amy's mother in the chamber in the orphanage. I think it's more plausible that her baby is going to be some paradox, where she gives birth to herself, her own mother or something like that.

i

I think some of you may be taking the "moving in opposite directions" thing a bit too literally. They are meeting in a hodgepodge mashup of time events that happens to be depicted as dueling direction for the sake of character drama. It's a poetic concept that if defined literally looses its power.

It is because of this that we will NEVER be given enough details to derive an overal scheme of their interactions. It is meant to be experienced as it is being presented to us. The time travel, as in all good fiction of its kind, exists only as a tool for dramatic juxtaposition. No amount of technobable need explain something created to be affecting and beautiful a sentiment.

"Good sci-fi doesn't show us a window into the future -- it uses the future to show us a window into the present."

I think it's more plausible that her baby is going to be some paradox, where she gives birth to herself, her own mother or something like that.

i

I can't help but think back on the Futurama episode during which something like this too place...past nastification anyone?:lol

Anyhoo, my theory is that the Time Lord kid at the end is Amy + Rory's child. As for the regeneration, I would think that amy's continued exposure to the time energy in the Tardis resulted in some sort of Tim Lord/Human metacrisis.

I can't help but think back on the Futurama
Anyhoo, my theory is that the Time Lord kid at the end is Amy + Rory's child. As for the regeneration, I would think that amy's continued exposure to the time energy in the Tardis resulted in some sort of Tim Lord/Human metacrisis.

See, that I just can't swallow from Moffat if he does that. If that was the case, I'll start leaving books under my pillow and absorb the knowledge as I sleep.

If Amy gets a Time Lord kid from just being in the TARDIS, then what kind of kid would Rose have, since she absorbed the frakkin' thing?

*shudder*

I dont think that's the case either...

On the Doctor Who Lj group I let fly a lot of my own theories, one of which was the timegirl was made / grown by the silence or someone in an attempt to figure out how timelords regenerate in order to extend their own lives or hybridize themselves. it was done once in the classic series.

The other thing was the call was made from inside the suit, since that's where the technology is.. The girl said "the spaceman is coming" which meant that there is either another suit or she was referring to the silence. River said the suit may have ate her, but I think she was always in it, because it was a sort of incubation chamber / survival suit for her, she broke out of it and then died.

Of course Moffat could have also have left a huge glaring continuity hole like that as well.. I mean it's just weird that the suit follows her around, let's her make phone calls and then just "eats" her on a whim.

What about this...What if the little girl is the MASTERS child?
or the little girl is the Tardis itself, if the doctor does die as it showed us what would happen to the tardis itself, it wouldn't just stick around, and the doctor was sat on a car when they meet up in the desert!
I'm just thinking out aloud.

Other people have said that too about the masters daughter.. Anything is possible i suppose although I think that would be a bit out there..

It could also be that "the space man is coming" meant they were coming to get her to do experiments on her or something and she ran away and died as a result of one of them.

Well my thinking with the masters kid was due to me thinking that when the little girl says "the space man is coming" actually refered to the doctor, and that was why she was scared of him coming. If that makes sense?

The thing that gets me is that she said "the space man is coming" on the phone with Nixon which means she was in the suit already since the suit has a comm's system that can hack into any other communications system.

spoiler photos have shown what looks like 2 babys cots for later episdoes, one is TARDIS blue and steampunky the other white and more futuristic.

5701-crib.jpg

This is the picture of the cribs, one os a cybermen design and the other is the doctors with the timelords symbols on it.
Enjoy!

Right; well, following that pic back to its origin revealed the existence of Doctor Who Spoilers and after a short twenty minutes of reading I find I don't have to watch the next six weeks of Doctor Who. I have no discipline for avoiding spoilers, dammit.

AFAIK that site is blacklisted by the TARDIS wiki for being an unreliable source. I took a look at what they 'knew' for episodes that have since aired, and a lot of it seems to be wild speculation, fanwank or theories based on the non-canon books.
So even if the photo is genuine, I wouldn't accept their conclusions too readily.

The silence tell amy when they have her in the chair that she will bring the silence. I think the silence have inpregnated her. Reason I say this is because of two things.
firstly, The silence look to much like the roswell type little green man that is supose to abduct people and pregnant them,
secondly, The reason the tardis can not get a confirmed negative or positive, is because the tardis is a living thing, and we all know that no one can remember the silence, so the tardis is seeing the silence baby in her, but then forgetting it, then redoing the scan and forgetting it and so on, OR we are seeing it from the doctors point of view, he sees a positive but then forgets it and so on.

I posted that in the other thread too but no one piped in. It was all about is the FBI agent gay or not at that point of the thread anyway so no one commented on it LOL.

I don't think the masters kid though and I don't think Amy and the Doctor had something going on either. Why would he avoid her advances in the other episodes? It's really unlike his character to do this.

The girl is something else imo. Plus at the end wasn't Amy saying all that stuff because she knew Rory was listening?

Well my thinking with the masters kid was due to me thinking that when the little girl says "the space man is coming" actually refered to the doctor, and that was why she was scared of him coming. If that makes sense?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back