Doctor Who 11th Doctor Shirt Pattern development thread.

I'm psyched to hear that my shirt is going to get started soon, I'm sure you're going to knock it out of the park. Now I just need to finish the alterations to my jacket.

I'm psyched to hear that my shirt is going to get started soon, I'm sure you're going to knock it out of the park. Now I just need to finish the alterations to my jacket.

Yeah. I would have had it to you by now, but I kinda got beat down at work. As soon as I can find a break in the storm... Your's gets made before mine does. That's a promise.

I got my fabric and it looks great. I did have a problem though. I washed the fabric in cold water beforestarting to cut it and the cuff material faded out like crazy. The red is at least 4 shades lighter now. I'm going to have to order some more I guess.

I washed this blue that I got, hoping it would fade some because it is fairly dark, and it didn't budge. Wonder if its something with the red ink?

Maybe there was some bleach in your machine somewhere? I only use the stuff to clean out my machine after dying stuff and I'm always really careful to run it a couple of times with nothing or just towels in it afterward to make sure it's all out.

Also though, Spoonflower does have it's limitations, which is why Primrodo didn't use it for his suit fabric runs. Solid dark colors don't go over too well. If yours faded and others didn't though, it might have something to do with the batch or other factors.

Any Eleven cuff material I've had has always faded and got that "fuzzy" appearance after washing. I think as Risu mentioned, it's one of Spoonflower's limitations.

Weirdly, the squiggles always stay dark as ever. For whatever reason, it's just the solid colors that have problems.

If you don't wash it before sewing it, your shirt will remain a dry clean only item. Prewashing makes it get all its shrink out before putting it together.

If you don't wash it before sewing it, your shirt will remain a dry clean only item. Prewashing makes it get all its shrink out before putting it together.

right. i totally get that. i washed the main shirt fabric. i'm just not going to wash the cuffs before sewing and wearing. i won't be wearing this version too often anyway so it'll be ok to be dry clean only.

remember to put bluetack in the washing machine door, so it spins with the door open.

that way you can hold the cuffs out and they won't fade!

fantastic!!

On second inspection today, the main body looks great but the cuffs have really taken a hit. Fortunately, those are easy to replace if we can find a better printer than Spoonflower.

I haven't seen exactly what happens yet, but I've still got blue dye-type fabric pens that might be able to fix the damage after the wash. I'll probably give it a try when I get my shirt.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back