Doctor Fate costume

Comatosed1

So I'm working on a Doctor Fate costume for Halloween this year and I've pretty much got everything planned out for the costume itself but I'm 3d printing an ankh prop in yellow translucent filament for a spell effect (might even add a yellow LED to it to add some light to it), but I wanted to add something to make it appear as if it was hovering above my open hand, similar to this pose:

133230.jpg

I have an idea to use transparent plastic around my hand that goes up to the ankh to hold it up but I would not only need something that would be clear enough to remain hidden but also sturdy enough to not fall over if I didn't have my other hand supporting it at the top all the time. I could always use a very thin wire along the back but I figured I would come here and ask and see if anyone had any better suggestions that I could work with.

Thanks!

Amazon sells leds on a wire that you could immerse in resin. Then use gold flakes and glow in the dark orange n yellow powder in the resin for the symbol. Use clear resin to give the floating illusion

Thingverse has a great Dr Fate helmet. Coat it in xtc mixed with orange and yellow glow in the dark powder mixed with gold mica powder.

I am sllllloooowwwlllly working on a Dr Fate helmet, dont know if I want it weathered or not.

Attachments

• 20210807_174833.jpg
    20210807_174833.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 241
Nice, thanks. I've never worked with resin before but I have a friend who has so I might be able to get her help to make sure I don't mess it up. Haha.

I have a helmet. Bought one from xCoser earlier this year and it's great. Eyes even light up.

So I've run into a little snag with my Fate costume. I've got the shirt and the pants and they surprisingly go well together despite being bought 2 years apart. The pants, however, are where I'm stuck right now. I didn't have them tailored to fit me so they are perfect in some areas and loose in others, specifically the gluteus maximus region. Mine is non-existent. I am flat. It's like my back just continues. So there is nothing for the pants to be stopped by. This is not a new problem for me when it comes to pants and shorts and I usually rely on one of 2 solutions: my belt or suspenders. The pants have no belt loops so if I were to use my belt I would need a way to secure the pants to it without ruining either. The suspenders would probably be my best bet but I am hesitant to use them since they stab a needle into the material to secure the clasp and I'm afraid that it could tear through the fabric.

Does anyone know off hand if the material (listed on the tag of the pants as 100% polyester and on the website I bought it from is listed as heavy weight polyester) should be able to handle the use of suspenders? Is there a way to use my belt and secure it instead without damaging anything? Is there an alternative that I haven't seen that would work much better than either of these aside from butt implants or thousands of hours of exercise that I can't cram into the weeks left until Halloween?

Actually I have. Haha. It came up in a Google search as possible solutions after I posted this but all the ones I've found so far have uneven reviews for me to justify the cost or shipping estimates I can't quite trust because they're coming from China. I am still looking into them though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back