Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: foam with rondo+ abs and weathering

This looks awesome, thanks for the tips and tutorials. So what exactly is what is making it flexible without cracks? Is it the adhesion promotor, glaze?

Re: foam with rondo+ HARDCORE BATTLE DAMAGE!!!

Check this out....no more boring ole Ironman suit :lol Im gonna make it look likes its been through a hell of a battle even fought wolverine :confused Plus cost me nothin n put my artistic skills to work it was hella fun, I got my mojo back :D
15863-photo-4-copy.jpg

15862-photo-2-copy.jpg

15861-photo-1.jpg

15860-photo.jpg

Last edited:

hey doc, your suit looks amazing! I am going out this weekend to get the stuff to try rondoing my suit.
I know i read it in this thread, but scanning back thru, I cant find it. what colors did you use? Your colors are perfect. I really like that gold color
red= Duplicolor Dark Metallic Cherry
gold= ???

haha thanks.

*edit* never mind, I couldnt find it because I read it on the last page!:facepalm

"Dark Cherry metallic 'duplicolor'
Sunburst Gold metallic 'duplicolor'"

Last edited:

Freaking awesome battle damage!
Lovin' it.

thanks man
Nice! Damage looks killer

thank ya

thanks firebapx
hey doc, your suit looks amazing! I am going out this weekend to get the stuff to try rondoing my suit.
I know i read it in this thread, but scanning back thru, I cant find it. what colors did you use? Your colors are perfect. I really like that gold color
red= Duplicolor Dark Metallic Cherry
gold= ???

haha thanks.

*edit* never mind, I couldnt find it because I read it on the last page!:facepalm

"Dark Cherry metallic 'duplicolor'
Sunburst Gold metallic 'duplicolor'"

thanks dude. actually the gold is valspar metallic gold from lowes, it was the only gold that i actually liked. yr reason for editing:lol hilarious

The detail on the internals on the bicep is brilliant. I think I would be too timid to do this, especially if it ever looked as good as yours (or even finished), but this looks very cool and distinct. I think you would stand-out well at a Con from other pampered, fresh through the car wash looking armors.

Mine will definitely look damaged, but not so much from battle...and definitely not hardcore!

Absolutely awesome! Never saw such a realistic damaged on a foam suit! Can you film yourself while "destroying" a next part of your suit? Im so interested how you achieve these nice effects! Thumps up!!! Great work man!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back